Pedro: - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Pedro:

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby whitesox04champs » Sun Apr 04, 2004 1:55 pm

Anonymous wrote:As a Sox Fan, i'm more worried about Foulke, who hasn't been able to top 84 mph on the gun.

I never have liked foulke, he was a crybaby and told the sox that he lost his confidence.....................

he has 2 pitches(fastball+ changeup) and has somehow gotten away with it................
whitesox04champs
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Guest » Sun Apr 04, 2004 2:01 pm

whitesox04champs wrote:
Anonymous wrote:As a Sox Fan, i'm more worried about Foulke, who hasn't been able to top 84 mph on the gun.

I never have liked foulke, he was a crybaby and told the sox that he lost his confidence.....................

he has 2 pitches(fastball+ changeup) and has somehow gotten away with it................

Judging by the lack of speed of his fastball, he's going to have to roll his changeup to the plate to make it effective.

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby slomo007 » Sun Apr 04, 2004 2:03 pm

Anonymous wrote:
whitesox04champs wrote:

Judging by the lack of speed of his fastball, he's going to have to roll his changeup to the plate to make it effective.

LMAO Now THAT would be a sight to see....kinda like pinball.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby Rirruto » Sun Apr 04, 2004 4:03 pm

jumpman8288 wrote:As much as I hate him, Pedro is the best pitcher in the game. His stuff is incredible, challenged only by maybe Prior and Beckett.

Prior is also one of the best in the game but I have to disagree about Beckett. I think he has been overrated since his playoff run and still hasn't proved much in terms of the other two.
Rirruto
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Mighty Monks » Sun Apr 04, 2004 4:36 pm

whitesox04champs wrote:

rivera is arguably the best closer in the history of baseball and he has one pitch. It is all about attitude and location. Foulke does scare me a bit too though
Mighty Monks
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby tddf30 » Sun Apr 04, 2004 4:37 pm

Pedro wont pitch 250 innings but he will still put up some good numbers, i mean it is PEDRO
tddf30
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Nomar4prez » Sun Apr 04, 2004 4:53 pm

Foulke has 3 pitches....a 2-seamer, a 4-seamer, and a changeup. And i wouldn't be too worried about him. He's better than anything the sox could of gotten, and he'll save 35 games easily.
[url]http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/stats/player.php?id=453973[/url]
Going to huge someday.
Nomar4prez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Manutd016 » Sun Apr 04, 2004 5:54 pm

I'll try to keep it as unbiased as possible about the pansy they call Pedro...oops...anyway Pedro will not post as many strikeouts in previous years. I say 16 wins, 2.5 era, 165 k
--------------> PANSY!

I'm the artist formely known as Manutd016
Manutd016
College Coach
College Coach

Postby jumpman8288 » Sun Apr 04, 2004 6:25 pm

Melo255 wrote:
jumpman8288 wrote:As much as I hate him, Pedro is the best pitcher in the game. His stuff is incredible, challenged only by maybe Prior and Beckett.

Ahh a Yankee fan who can admit that Pedro is the best in the game...refreshing. Comparing Prior to Pedro is ok in my book seeing how incredible Prior was last year but to lump Beckett into that mix is insulting to both Pedro and Prior. Beckett might be good, even very good but he in no way is comparable to either of the other two.

But don't forget--before they made it big, scouts compared Beckett and Prior as being very, very similar...both will be huge this year (when Prior gets back).
[URL=http://http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7158944067217702636&q=new+born+muse]MUSE ROCK[/URL]
jumpman8288
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Transmogrifier » Mon Apr 05, 2004 11:16 am

Look, don't worry about Pedro. I'm hoping--for fantasy sake--he has another bad start and I can try to get him cheap.

He'll be fine. Expect at least one DL stint, but wins, good ERA and great whip.
I'm back. Sorta.

Do not boo Johnny.
Transmogrifier
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers