Drop a SP, add Frank Francisco off waivers WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Drop a SP, add Frank Francisco off waivers WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Drop a SP, add Frank Francisco off waivers WHIR

Postby labarbatron » Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:28 am

Hey guys, I was looking to get some more help with saves and Frank Francisco is about to come off the DL and is still on waivers. He will most likely take the starting job once he gets back, and he should have a nice amount of save opportunities going forwards. Being said, I'm in a conundrum. I'm thinking about dropping either Capuano, Sheets, or Maholm. What do you guys think? Also, keep in mind, I'm going to have to drop someone else once Longo comes off the DL. Thanks!

10 Team Roto

Cole Hamels, Phi SP PP
Stephen Strasburg, Wsh SP
Lance Lynn, StL RP, SP PP
Chris Capuano, LAD SP
Rafael Soriano, NYY RP
R.A. Dickey, NYM SP
A.J. Burnett, Pit SP
C.J. Wilson, LAA SP PP
Greg Holland, KC RP
Ben Sheets, Atl SP
Paul Maholm, Atl SP
labarbatron
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Drop a SP, add Frank Francisco off waivers WHIR

Postby KingOfSports » Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:36 am

I would not drop anyone for Frank Francisco. He's a disaster waiting to happen. Hence his 4.97 ERA. :-t
KingOfSports
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby ATLbraves » Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:47 am

KingOfSports wrote:I would not drop anyone for Frank Francisco. He's a disaster waiting to happen. Hence his 4.97 ERA. :-t

+1.

Free Fantasy Consultant - https://twitter.com/FantasyChat247

Twitter - @FantasyChat247
ATLbraves
General Manager
General Manager

Postby mayor quimby » Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:02 am

ATLbraves wrote:
KingOfSports wrote:I would not drop anyone for Frank Francisco. He's a disaster waiting to happen. Hence his 4.97 ERA. :-t

+1.

I think you guys are missing the fact that from the month prior to his injury up until his injury, he was one of the best closers in baseball. He got off to a very rough start and actually brought his ERA WAY down.

I would drop Sheets or Maholm in a heartbeat for Francisco. And of course a Braves fan won't tell you that :-b .
mayor quimby
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 11)

Postby KingOfSports » Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:08 am

mayor quimby wrote:
ATLbraves wrote:

+1.

I think you guys are missing the fact that from the month prior to his injury up until his injury, he was one of the best closers in baseball. He got off to a very rough start and actually brought his ERA WAY down.

I would drop Sheets or Maholm in a heartbeat for Francisco. And of course a Braves fan won't tell you that :-b .

Sheets: 24.2 IP with 23 Ks and only 4 earned runs. He's tossed all quality starts. Don't drop him. You have to ride the hot hands.

If you HAD to drop someone, I'd say Maholm, but I wouldn't do it personally. The Mets are tanking...something like 5-15 since the Allstar break which means fewer save opportunities.

Francisco has given up 32 hits in 29 innings with 14 walks (only 1 intentional). There's nothing that shows he'll be an improvement for the rest of the season.
KingOfSports
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby labarbatron » Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:14 am

Right now, I'm reluctant to drop Maholm. I think he'll get some great run support now that he's not on the Cubs. He's looking dominate right now.

I just need some more saves and I'm in a tight spot right now. I'm in 3rd, trying to make the jump to second. I was thinking I'd have to trade someone for him but I dont want to give up a bat for a closer.
labarbatron
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions