Hold onto injured Tulowitzki and Desmond? WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Hold onto injured Tulowitzki and Desmond? WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Hold onto injured Tulowitzki and Desmond? WHIR

Postby zyzzbrah34 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:40 pm

Desmond is out until the third week of August and Tulowitzki until mid-late August or September

So I have 2 options-

1) Hold onto Desmond and Tulowitzki and have them for the final 4-6 weeks of baseball.
2) Drop one of them and add a relief pitcher to help with saves and K's (Ernesto Frieri and John Axford just became FA)

Which would be more advantageous? My league is non-keeper/roto.
zyzzbrah34
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 62)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Hold onto injured Tulowitzki and Desmond? WHIR

Postby ATLbraves » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:47 pm

Holding on to two SS's is prob not the best idea. So I would prob go with no. 2 and drop Desmond for a RP or SP.

Although, attempting to trade Desmond first prob wouldn't be a bad idea. Just to try and get something for him first before you just drop him.

help with mine please:
viewtopic.php?t=451290

Free Fantasy Consultant - https://twitter.com/FantasyChat247

Twitter - @FantasyChat247
ATLbraves
General Manager
General Manager

Postby zyzzbrah34 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:15 pm

ATLbraves wrote:Holding on to two SS's is prob not the best idea. So I would prob go with no. 2 and drop Desmond for a RP or SP.

Although, attempting to trade Desmond first prob wouldn't be a bad idea. Just to try and get something for him first before you just drop him.

help with mine please:
viewtopic.php?t=451290

I don't mind having 2 SS. Would just have to bench or drop Youkilis (who is slumping) and Utley (who doesn't have a lot of talent around him anymore with Pence and Victorino leaving). Or will Utley still be valuable is the question...
zyzzbrah34
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 62)

Postby ATLbraves » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:31 pm

zyzzbrah34 wrote:
ATLbraves wrote:Holding on to two SS's is prob not the best idea. So I would prob go with no. 2 and drop Desmond for a RP or SP.

help with mine please:
viewtopic.php?t=451290

I don't mind having 2 SS. Would just have to bench or drop Youkilis (who is slumping) and Utley (who doesn't have a lot of talent around him anymore with Pence and Victorino leaving). Or will Utley still be valuable is the question...

I still think Utley has similar value, even with losing Victorino and Pence. Howard is still hitting behind Utley so that protects him. And Victorino wasn't even playing that good anyways, so he wasn't really getting on base a lot in front of him. They still have Juane Pierre who has been having a good season.

help with mine please:
viewtopic.php?t=451290

Free Fantasy Consultant - https://twitter.com/FantasyChat247

Twitter - @FantasyChat247
ATLbraves
General Manager
General Manager

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions