8/1 Cheering, Venting, & New Uniforms For Everyone!! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

8/1 Cheering, Venting, & New Uniforms For Everyone!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: 8/1 Cheering, Venting, & New Uniforms For Everyone!!

Postby bigh0rt » Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:42 pm

Cannot express how deep my hetero man love for Ryan Braun is. ;-D
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 301)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby wrveres » Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:02 pm

I don't know bout anybody else, but I'm happy as he'll to see that the Alabama Slammer was not a product of Petco.
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 641)

Postby bigh0rt » Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:17 pm

wrveres wrote:I don't know bout anybody else, but I'm happy as he'll to see that the Alabama Slammer was not a product of Petco.
I have no idea who that is and neither does Google.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby bigh0rt » Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:26 pm

bigh0rt wrote:The new heart of the Astros lineup is a testament to why you never bank on prospects. Still, it's never late to achieve post-hype status, which is exactly what Brett Wallace and Steve Pearce are hoping for. In deeper leagues, it's worth taking a look, as just about anybody with potential for RBI opportunities deserves consideration. In limited time, Wallace has bat .300, and with literally not a soul behind him, he should start at 1B every day for the rest of the season. As for Pearce, he's dual eligible at 1B and OF, which doesn't hurt. He's starting in RF, batting in the money third spot, and went 3-for-7 with a Run and 3 RBI in his first 2 starts in that hole. In all likelihood, these guys remain Waiver Wire fodder, but there's a reason they were once highly touted, and now that they've been given afforded promised playing time, and in a good situation, they could surprise owners pleasantly, regardless of how bad their team is. At worst they should be on your Watch List.
Brett Wallace 2 HR today. God I'm good. B-) :-D
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby GiantsFan14 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:28 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
wrveres wrote:I don't know bout anybody else, but I'm happy as he'll to see that the Alabama Slammer was not a product of Petco.

based on who has pitched today I'm gonna assume Jake Peavy?
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 427)

Postby Mookie4ever » Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:35 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:The new heart of the Astros lineup is a testament to why you never bank on prospects. Still, it's never late to achieve post-hype status, which is exactly what Brett Wallace and Steve Pearce are hoping for. In deeper leagues, it's worth taking a look, as just about anybody with potential for RBI opportunities deserves consideration. In limited time, Wallace has bat .300, and with literally not a soul behind him, he should start at 1B every day for the rest of the season. As for Pearce, he's dual eligible at 1B and OF, which doesn't hurt. He's starting in RF, batting in the money third spot, and went 3-for-7 with a Run and 3 RBI in his first 2 starts in that hole. In all likelihood, these guys remain Waiver Wire fodder, but there's a reason they were once highly touted, and now that they've been given afforded promised playing time, and in a good situation, they could surprise owners pleasantly, regardless of how bad their team is. At worst they should be on your Watch List.
Brett Wallace 2 HR today. God I'm good. B-) :-D

Blind squirrel Hort. Blind squirrel.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 257)

Postby bigh0rt » Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:38 pm

Berkman now sitting for a third straight day. How long til this guy is ditchable in standard leagues?
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Re: Re: 8/1 Cheering, Venting, & New Uniforms For Everyone!!

Postby wrveres » Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:57 pm

GiantsFan14 wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:
based on who has pitched today I'm gonna assume Jake Peavy?

Spot on!
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby wrveres » Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:59 pm

bigh0rt wrote:Berkman now sitting for a third straight day. How long til this guy is ditchable in standard leagues?

Already ditched him.

Edit. If you are looking for bottom of the barrel 1B to ride for a bit, might I suggest Frazier, McGahee, or even Garrett Jones. A couple years back Jones carried my team for the final two months and won me another NL only title.
Currently I'm sporting Frazier.
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby bigh0rt » Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:17 pm

wrveres wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:Berkman now sitting for a third straight day. How long til this guy is ditchable in standard leagues?

Already ditched him.

Edit. If you are looking for bottom of the barrel 1B to ride for a bit, might I suggest Frazier, McGahee, or even Garrett Jones. A couple years back Jones carried my team for the final two months and won me another NL only title.
Currently I'm sporting Frazier.
I'm rolling with Jones in my 16-teamer, but in my other league I've got Rizzo and Craig both with 1B eligibility, and was hanging onto Berkman assuming he'd come around if healthy. But he's started I think 3 of the last 10 games, and I'm growing weary. I think I'd rather have another SP to give me options.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers