What to do... (Team Help) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

What to do... (Team Help)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

What to do... (Team Help)

Postby heathweston » Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:37 am

10 Team H2H Keeper League 6x6 (5x5 w/ HLD and OBP, we keep 8)

I'm kind of at a loss. I was dominating the league but have now lost a good portion of the past few weeks. I'm still about 6.5 games up on second place, but that lead used to be 20 games at one point. Is there something that I need to do?

Trading is pretty much out of the question - most of the teams are undervaluing other teams players, or just not interested in trading at all so we're kind of at a stand still in the league.

I knew that pitching was going to be rough for me, and I've made a few moves to try and help, but I think I need to make some more...though there's not a lot of options on the waiver wire.

Here are some of the available players:

Hitters:
Dexter Fowler, Adam LaRoche, Carl Crawford, Michael Saunders, Alcides Escobar, Cody Ross, Michael Brantley, Alfonso Soriano, Carlos Gomez, Garrett Jones, Chris Carter, Daniel Murphy, Chipper Jones, Ben Revere, Delmon Young, Coco Crisp, Lorenzo Cain, Jon Jay, Salvador Perez, Justin Morneau, Dayan Viciedo, Carlos Pena, Travis Snider

Pitchers:
Paul Maholm, Mike Fiers, Carlos Villaneuva, A.J. Griffin, Travis Blackley, Jeff Samardzja, Mike Minor, Jeff Karstens, Bronson Arroyo, Zach McAllister, Chris Tillman, Clay Buchholz, Bartolo Colon, Scott Feldman, Freddy Garcia, Joe Kelly, Ross Ohlendorf, Jason Marquis, Jose Quintana (W), Martin Perez, Marco Estrada, Danny Hultzen, J.A. Happ, Lucas Harrell

Relievers (since we count holds):
Jared Burton, Glen Perkins, Luke Gregerson, Jerry Blevins, Octavio Dotel, Jordan Norberto, Darren Oliver, Bobby Parnell, Jon Rauch, Joel Peralta, Eric O'Flaherty, Kevin Jepsen, Kris Medlen, Bryan Villarrael, Mitchell Boggs, Dale Thayer, Rex Brothers, Joe Smith, Wilton Lopez

I can't say that any of them will solve my problem. Going to give a bit of insight in my teams overall performance so that you can see any deficiencies. I know it's not as easy because it's H2H but it's worth a shot!

Runs - 537 (-7 out of first)
HR - 136 (-39)
RBI - 480 (-70)
SB - 113 (+18)
AVG - .287 (-.003)
OBP - .358 (-.005)
Wins - 49 (-50)
Saves - 123 (+52)
K - 942 (-200)
HLD - 2 (-46)
ERA - 3.65 (-0.20)
WHIP - 1.17 (+0.02)

Again, don't know if that means much but at least it gives an idea for where I could improve.

Here's my current team!

C Buster Posey
1B Freddie Freeman
2B Jose Altuve
3B Brett Lawrie
SS Starlin Castro
OF Carlos Gonzalez
OF Mike Trout
OF Josh Reddick
Util Ryan Zimmerman
Util Rickie Weeks
Bench Starling Marte
DL Giancarlo Stanton
DL Joey Votto

SP Adam Wainwright
SP Jon Lester
SP Anibal Sanchez
RP Chris Perez
RP Jim Johnson
P Fernando Rodney
P Santiago Casilla
P Tom Wilhelmsen
Bench Jason Vargas
Bench Tim Lincecum
Bench Matt Moore
Bench Matt Garza
Bench Chris Capuano
Bench Matt Capps (DL)
DL Shaun Marcum

Been wondering if it's time to dump guys like Lincecum, Lester, Capuano and Marcum (although it's hard to part with them. Marcum would simply be to slide Capps to the DL if I wanted to keep Capps). With Weeks hitting well recently, maybe it's time to dump Altuve since I don't need his steals (which was his only bonus, really). I'd trade some of my closers but no one seems to want them.

Thanks in advance! WHIR!
heathweston
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: What to do... (Team Help)

Postby garretterik » Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:00 am

OK, you are way up in saves, so no need to keep Capps. Also, I am in a 12 team league and a guy just dropped Lester last week and nobody picked him up. (I had drafted him and dumped him earlier in the year %-6 ).
I recently picked up Fiers for a spot start and haven't dropped him since. So, I would recommend the guy who has been on fire the past month.
Also, Samardzja, Minor, Quintana, and Estrada are all ownable. You could pick up Fiers and stream start the last spot depending on matchups.
But remember you are in first, so no need to overall the entire team.
Help me:
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=451157
garretterik Beginner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: What to do... (Team Help)

Postby heathweston » Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:40 am

Well, I dumped Capps for Fiers and then, after Maholm got dealt to Atlanta, dropped Lester for him. Might not have been wise, but he's got good numbers pitching for Chicago, so I figured it can't get that much worse, especially worse then Lester. Kept hoping for Lester to turn it around...
heathweston
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions