J-Zimm: The unsung hero of the Nat's rotation - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

J-Zimm: The unsung hero of the Nat's rotation

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

J-Zimm: The unsung hero of the Nat's rotation

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:32 pm

He's being overshadowed by Stras and Gio, but he is absolutely fantastic. 2.28 ERA and 1.09 WHIP. I really think he's the real deal too, I don't think this is just an anomaly. Sure, we probably can't expect numbers quite that good for future years, but what are you guys thinking in terms of his value for redrafts next year? He has the potential to be a top 10 pitcher.

2011 Live Free or DyNasty Champ
A Fleshner Fantasy
Wicked Wikitect
Wicked Wikitect

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 32)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: J-Zimm: The unsung hero of the Nat's rotation

Postby bigh0rt » Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:52 pm

One thing that's been just incredible has been his consistency. Has gone 6 or more innings in every single start this year, has only allowed more than 3 ER twice all season, and hasn't failed to throw a QS since May. Guy has probably been the most reliable starter they've had despite Gio and Stras being more dominant.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 347)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby snash » Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:22 pm

Zimm's pulling a Trout for the past 3 weeks. Zimm too must be a fish.
snash
College Coach
College Coach

Postby J35J » Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:31 am

When you have plus plus command and a solid arsenal of pitches to back up that command then this is what you get. With that said, he is getting a little lucky... 83.6% LOB and .266BABIP
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 369)

Postby GiantsFan14 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:16 pm

bigh0rt wrote:One thing that's been just incredible has been his consistency. Has gone 6 or more innings in every single start this year, has only allowed more than 3 ER twice all season, and hasn't failed to throw a QS since May. Guy has probably been the most reliable starter they've had despite Gio and Stras being more dominant.

he's like a little worse version of vogelsong.
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 427)

Postby NikkiSixx » Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:57 pm

He has the potential to have a much higher K/9 but I will take what he is doing right now. He has been a bit lucky but he is still just doing a fantastic job this season. He will be a great #2 behind Strasburg for years to come.
NikkiSixx
General Manager
General Manager

Response TeamPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 433)

Postby Ender » Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:18 pm

I don't buy him as an ace at all myself. He has the highest xFIP of the 3 yet the lowest ERA. I'm not sure what to think of the Nationals in general given how flukey their team pitching line looks but I'm probably avoiding Zimmerman, Jackson and Detwiler next year. They have had 2 years of a normal looking ERA and 2 years of extremely low ERA compared to peripherals as a team now, I'm just not sure which is the real deal at this point.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:42 pm

GiantsFan14 wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:One thing that's been just incredible has been his consistency. Has gone 6 or more innings in every single start this year, has only allowed more than 3 ER twice all season, and hasn't failed to throw a QS since May. Guy has probably been the most reliable starter they've had despite Gio and Stras being more dominant.

he's like a little worse version of vogelsong.

I have both on my money league team, but honestly, I think Zimm is better.

2011 Live Free or DyNasty Champ
A Fleshner Fantasy
Wicked Wikitect
Wicked Wikitect

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 32)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby GiantsFan14 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:35 pm

One thing that's been just incredible has been his consistency. Has gone 6 or more innings in every single start this year, has only allowed more than 3 ER once all season, and hasn't failed to throw a QS since April. Guy has probably been the most reliable starter they've had despite Cain and Bumgarner being more dominant.
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 427)

Postby bigh0rt » Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:41 pm

GiantsFan14 wrote:
One thing that's been just incredible has been his consistency. Has gone 6 or more innings in every single start this year, has only allowed more than 3 ER once all season, and hasn't failed to throw a QS since April. Guy has probably been the most reliable starter they've had despite Cain and Bumgarner being more dominant.
As long as we're changing the subject to conveniently reflect pitchers on our favorite teams, Matt Harvey struck out 11 in his MLB debut. Also, R.A. Dickey has 14 Wins and is only 4 Ks behind the MLB leader, Strasburg.

But seriously, I don't know how Vogelsong does it. It's an anomaly that I don't quite understand. If it ain't broke, don't fix it though. :-°
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 347)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers