Top prospects not in Yahoo - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Top prospects not in Yahoo

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Top prospects not in Yahoo

Postby nettles3Ball-star » Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:34 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
nettles3Ball-star wrote:I've been waiting on Taveras and Straily for months. Our league uses the setting, "New Players Become Available: As soon as Yahoo! adds them." That's supposed to create a deeper player pool. It's not really optimal if the top prospects are added in haphazard fashion rather than a systematic manner.
In fairness, going into this season Straily was an afterthought. ESPN has a very very deep player pool and he wasn't even in that until yesterday. He's the first player I've come across in three years to not be in their database from the get go, so I'm definitely giving Yahoo! a free pass on him.

True. Though I added Straily in CBS months ago. I think both ESPN and Yahoo should have had Straily available at least a month back, at the minimum when he was called up to AAA. And, there's really no reasonable rationale I can think of for Taveras not being in the database. Matt Barnes, Jose Fernandez and Jackie Bradley also seem like prime candidates to be added.
nettles3Ball-star
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Skin Blues » Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:43 pm

ESPN doesn't want to sporadically add players throughout the season because it becomes a matter of who notices them first being able to add them. That's why they do one big addition of minor league players mid-season, and other than that they add them once they hit the majors. The vast majority of prospects are added pre-season, but there was no way to assume Straily would be this good before the season started, as he was not even considered a prospect. As for Yahoo, there seems to be a lot of issues with their providers and whatnot... really seems to be out of their hands most of the time. They should really look into that and get more control over the data they use for their game.
Skin Blues
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 113)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby HighHeater » Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:45 pm

Man im happy I passed on Harvey to burn my WW on Staily
HighHeater
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 3)