Andrew Bailey *WHIR* - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Andrew Bailey *WHIR*

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Andrew Bailey *WHIR*

Postby michaelyoung4prez » Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:28 pm

I mean is he worth keeping, this is a roto league where saves are like gold so I can't decide whether picking him up last week is worth it because I really could use the roster spot for a hitter...Anyone have any idea if he takes the role back or does he set up for the rest of the season?

Quick help in return... ;-D
michaelyoung4prez
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 21)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Andrew Bailey *WHIR*

Postby Element » Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:33 pm

I guess that it would depend on who you would be dropping for him. Word is that he is expecting to set up for Aceves. Who knows if that is the long term plan or not.
Element
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 685)

Postby MaudDib » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:27 am

Who you are looking to pick up for him is a good question. You would think he would close at some point just because of how much money he is going to be making but I doubt he gets put into that role right away. I think at best he gets the job by mid-August and gets 7-8 saves the rest of the way. A lot depends on Aceves who has been good but not great.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 369)

Postby MashinSpuds » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:51 am

He will be setting up Aceves initially, and given the length of his injury I doubt his spot there gets abbreviated. I would say you'd be lucky if he was closing by September with the Sox most likely out of the running by then (and I'm sticking to that!). If you can stomach hanging onto a guy for a month without any production, then you're set. However, if you "really could use the roster spot for a hitter" then I think getting a bat would be a smarter move at this point. You really just have to gauge how much a month's worth of saves could help you compared to what a batter can help you with in that spot.
MashinSpuds
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafecaster
(Past Year: 109)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions