Anibal Sanchez & Omar Infante to the Tigers - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Anibal Sanchez & Omar Infante to the Tigers

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Anibal Sanchez & Omar Infante to the Tigers

Postby SpecialFNK » Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:58 pm

just saw this on rotoworld.
Jon Paul Morosi of FOXSports.com reports that the Tigers have acquired right-hander Anibal Sanchez and second baseman Omar Infante from the Marlins.

not sure going the other way.
I'm assuming now that Infante will bat 2nd with Detroit? meaning once Dirks comes back he wont be batting 2nd?
what does this do to Miami's batting order? Bonifacio back to 2 spot?

EDIT: I haven't seen confirmation, but apparently Jacob Turner is one of the players going to Miami.
EDIT2: new rotoworld.
The Marlins are expected to acquire 21-year-old right-hander Jacob Turner as part of the deal. Sanchez has a 3.94 ERA and 110/33 K/BB ratio over 121 innings this season and further strengthens the Tigers' rotation. The Tigers have been hurting for production at second base all season, so Infante should be a major upgrade. Turner is a pretty good get for the Marlins, as Sanchez will be a free agent following the season.

Peter Gammons:
Peter Gammons ‏@pgammo
1st draft pick deal:A Sanchez, Infante and comp balance pick for Jacob Turner, Rob Brantly, , Brian Flynn and Det. comp pick. Fascinating
SpecialFNK
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 513)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Anibal Sanchez & Omar Infante to the Tigers

Postby bayside » Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:16 pm

pretty interesting trade.
So are they swapping compensation picks, or does "Infante and comp" refer to cash going to Detroit?
bayside
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 190)

Postby daullaz » Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:12 pm

Swapping compensatory picks.
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 322)

Postby SpecialFNK » Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:09 pm

for those keeping track. Bonifacio did not bat 2nd tonight. but he did start at 2B, and I assume with Infante gone he will play 2B all the time now. adds more value to him as he will gain 2B eligibility to go along with 3B/SS/OF.

thought. I have no idea how Hanley Ramirez has been doing defensively at 3B this season with Jose Reyes being signed. but could the Marlins now move things around if Hanley is not good/happy at 2B? maybe Hanley to 2B and Bonifacio to 3B?
SpecialFNK
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 513)

Postby bigh0rt » Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:16 pm

SpecialFNK wrote:for those keeping track. Bonifacio did not bat 2nd tonight. but he did start at 2B, and I assume with Infante gone he will play 2B all the time now. adds more value to him as he will gain 2B eligibility to go along with 3B/SS/OF.

thought. I have no idea how Hanley Ramirez has been doing defensively at 3B this season with Jose Reyes being signed. but could the Marlins now move things around if Hanley is not good/happy at 2B? maybe Hanley to 2B and Bonifacio to 3B?
I think there'd be next to no chance of Hanley going to 2B being the butcher that he is. Bonifacio at 2B is more likely. I can't see Solano playing every day. Looks like Ruggiano will have an every day spot even when Stanton comes off the DL, though.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 817)

Postby BigZ38 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:20 am

I fully anticipate Turner to become a force in Miami. The Marlins have done pretty well over the years in reloading.
BigZ38
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 5)

Postby kab21 » Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:39 am

BigZ38 wrote:I fully anticipate Turner to become a force in Miami. The Marlins have done pretty well over the years in reloading.

I've become less and less impressed by turner as he's moved up in the minors. He just turned 21 so he is young but where are the K's? And this year BB's are a big problem. that's not a good combo.
kab21
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 519)

Postby J35J » Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:37 am

kab21 wrote:
BigZ38 wrote:I fully anticipate Turner to become a force in Miami. The Marlins have done pretty well over the years in reloading.

I've become less and less impressed by turner as he's moved up in the minors. He just turned 21 so he is young but where are the K's? And this year BB's are a big problem. that's not a good combo.

Agreed.
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 620)

Postby footballisbetter.com » Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:19 pm

I'm loving this eligibility!

[quote="SpecialFNK"]for those keeping track. Bonifacio did not bat 2nd tonight. but he did start at 2B, and I assume with Infante gone he will play 2B all the time now. adds more value to him as he will gain 2B eligibility to go along with 3B/SS/OF.
[quote]

Manager Ozzie Guillen said Emilio Bonifacio will be Marlins everyday second baseman moving forward.

Source: Manny Navarro
Jul 24, 2012 / 4:29 PM EST
footballisbetter.com
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 502)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:17 pm

J35J wrote:
kab21 wrote:

Agreed.

i'm just glad they got something for him before he turned into the next Rick Porcello
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers