Trading my RP so who should I target? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Trading my RP so who should I target?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Trading my RP so who should I target?

Postby vladrules » Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:44 am

12 team standard 5x5 roto nonkeeper Yahoo league w/daily transactions. Leading in Saves and need help in R, SB, AVG (all less than 4 points). Could always grab RP throughout season.

http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/b1/152439/standings

Humanoid Typhoon
C Jarrod Saltalamacchia (BOS - C)
1B Mark Teixeira (NYY - 1B)
2B Brandon Phillips (Cin - 2B)
3B Pablo Sandoval (SF - 1B,3B)
SS Mike Aviles (BOS - 2B,3B,SS)
OF Matt Kemp (LAD - OF)
OF B.J. Upton (TB - OF)
OF Justin Ruggiano (MIA - OF)
Util Ryan Howard (PHI - 1B)
Util Allen Craig (STL - 1B,2B,OF)
BN Will Middlebrooks (BOS - 3B)
BN Ike Davis (NYM - 1B)
BN Wilin Rosario (COL - C)

SP Yovani Gallardo (MIL - SP)
SP C.J. Wilson (LAA - SP)
RP Aroldis Chapman (Cin - RP)
RP Joel Hanrahan (Pit - RP)
P Ernesto Frieri (LAA - RP)
P Alfredo Aceves (Bos - SP,RP)
P Jason Motte (STL - RP)
P Vinnie Pestano (Cle - RP)
BN Jonathon Niese (NYM - SP)
BN Josh Collmenter (ARI - SP, RP) *streaming spot
DL Brandon McCarthy (OAK - SP)

Thinking of dropping Ruggiano for KC OF LCain.

Want to trade some RP because can always RP (closers or good RP). Think I could add OF but do I look to upgrade SS Aviles so keep him on bench? FA SS include SDrew, DGordon (DL)

Following teams need RP help:
- Goyan Keys has 3B Freese (has Arod at 3B), OF Ethier, SS JPeralta (has Jeter at SS)
- Penguins has AMcCutcheon (cost too much) and 5 other OF (JWillingham, MHolliday, SChoo, AJackson, DJennings)
- Dean's Demons has SS EAndrus, OF Pence

1) What RP could I trade to Penguins for SChoo, Holliday or AJackson?
2) Trade RP for any of 3B Freese (upgrade over Middlebrooks?), OF Ethier or SS Peralta (upgrade over Aviles?)
3) After trading other RP, thinking of trading Ike Davis to pigheaded (last in HR) for RP SRomo (he's always solid with great Ks, ratios and some cheap W/Saves)
4) what buy low SP could I target? Cliff Lee, Lincecum, Greinke and any others?
vladrules
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Trading my RP so who should I target?

Postby vladrules » Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:49 am

1) Another owner who is last in HR so thinking of offer IDavis for Greinke (if not then maybe SRomo and I just keep streaming SP)

2) Should I upgrade at SS? Add FA DGordon or trade for TEX SS Andrus or DET SS JPeralta. Could offer Aceves.

3) Which OF should I target: Ethier, Choo, Holliday or AJackson? I'd offer Motte.
vladrules
General Manager
General Manager

Postby WaCougMBS » Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:43 pm

vladrules wrote:Thinking of dropping Ruggiano for KC OF LCain.

1) What RP could I trade to Penguins for SChoo, Holliday or AJackson?
2) Trade RP for any of 3B Freese (upgrade over Middlebrooks?), OF Ethier or SS Peralta (upgrade over Aviles?)
3) After trading other RP, thinking of trading Ike Davis to pigheaded (last in HR) for RP SRomo (he's always solid with great Ks, ratios and some cheap W/Saves)
4) what buy low SP could I target? Cliff Lee, Lincecum, Greinke and any others?

First of all, yes, I would much rather have Lo-Cain than Ruggiano.

As for No. 1, I don't think there's an RP you can trade for any of those OFs, though it's conceivable someone COULD take Chapman for Jackson if he's in the right spot of bother. Choo and Holliday are worth way more than any RP - I think you'd have to package an arm and a pretty usable bat like Craig or Upton to even have a shot at them. I don't know your leaguemates, for sure, but it sounds like you're overvaluing RPs in a league where they aren't that hard to get your hands on them. For No. 2, again I don't know if you can trade an RP for Freese straight up, but could prolly package one with Middlebrooks and that'd do the trick. For No. 3, Ike for Romo is probably on the other end of the spectrum of aiming too low. Ike hasn't been much of anything, but for a holds guy with nice ratios that's a pretty low value IMO. For No. 4, I wouldn't buy Lincecum for very much at all, as he's a home-game spot starter at best ROS until further notice, but if you can get Lee or Greinke for below market value, by all means do so.

vladrules wrote:1) Another owner who is last in HR so thinking of offer IDavis for Greinke (if not then maybe SRomo and I just keep streaming SP)
2) Should I upgrade at SS? Add FA DGordon or trade for TEX SS Andrus or DET SS JPeralta. Could offer Aceves.
3) Which OF should I target: Ethier, Choo, Holliday or AJackson? I'd offer Motte.

While I think Davis for Romo is too little value, I have a hard time believing you can swing Greinke for him. As for SS, Gordon is such a one-trick pony that I'd only mess with him if you badly need SBs. Andres would be a nice upgrade, but again I doubt anyone in their right mind gives him for Aceves. Package, package, package if you want to upgrade! Personally I like Choo the best of that group, with Holliday close behind. One last time, no chance you get either of them for Motte, and Jackson is doubtful at best.
2012 H2HWS West A champion
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Radio PimpEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafecasterFootball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby vladrules » Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:39 pm

Thank you so much for ur input!! I am thinking of offer 2 RP (Motte and Frieri or Aceves) for CHoo, Hollidayor AJax. Where would u rank Ethier with those 3 OF? I was thinking of offering 2 RP, Middlebrooks for Ethier, Freese
vladrules
General Manager
General Manager

Postby sigriffey » Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:24 pm

vladrules wrote:Thank you so much for ur input!! I am thinking of offer 2 RP (Motte and Frieri or Aceves) for CHoo, Hollidayor AJax. Where would u rank Ethier with those 3 OF? I was thinking of offering 2 RP, Middlebrooks for Ethier, Freese

I'd get Choo and Holliday
sigriffey
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 12)

Postby nyr199435 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:55 pm

1) You won't get Greinke for Davis, even with recent production
2) Maybe keep Aceves and roll the dice on adding Gordon
3) Choo and Holliday
nyr199435
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions