The Dark Knight Rises (SPOILERS) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

The Dark Knight Rises (SPOILERS)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: The Dark Knight Rises (SPOILERS)

Postby TheRock » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:23 am

Mookie4ever wrote:Yeah, I don't think you understand the plot either.

If this was the motivation then why didn't they just blow up the corrupt city? What was all this crap with putting the bomb in a garbage truck and driving it around the city with a remote detonator on it for weeks on end? For that matter why did they have to infiltrate Wayne Enterprises, kidnap some foreign scientist and go to all this trouble of inventing a new energy source that could be turned into a bomb with a few button pushes? Why didn't they just make a normal freakin bomb and destroy the city?

I don't blame you for not understanding the plot. You know why? Because it's bloody stupid.

Right, and if Gandalf was friends with these giant eagle things, why didn't he just have them fly the ring to Mordor and drop it in the volcano?

In the first movie, the LoS partnered with Falcone to get their weaponized hallucinogen into the city so Dr. Crane could dump it into the water supply, which they would later vaporize using the microwave emitter they stole from a cargo ship, all so they could watch Gotham tear itself apart. How is that any less contrived than what's happening in this movie? But nobody's complaining about the first two movies which were equally ridiculous if you look at them that way.
TheRock
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby StlSluggers » Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:17 pm

TheRock wrote:If it was a good enough motivation for the first movie, why isn't it enough for the dude's daughter in this movie?

I keep saying it, but I get the feeling that I'm just beating a dead horse here.
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter
Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby StlSluggers » Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:22 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:If this was the motivation then why didn't they just blow up the corrupt city? What was all this crap with putting the bomb in a garbage truck and driving it around the city with a remote detonator on it for weeks on end? For that matter why did they have to infiltrate Wayne Enterprises, kidnap some foreign scientist and go to all this trouble of inventing a new energy source that could be turned into a bomb with a few button pushes? Why didn't they just make a normal freakin bomb and destroy the city?

Because they were a poor terrorist organization who infiltrated and co-opted everything society made and turned it on itself? Like, say, getting a rich guy to unknowingly pay them to pour bomb-filled cement around the city, or stealing all of Wayne's equipment so that they actually had a semi-military arsenal, or freeing 1,000 prisoners and convincing them to ignorantly support Bane while he had no intention of ever letting them live. And as for driving it around, do you not recall Bane's speech about wanting to torture the city before killing it? Dragging it out for as long as possible?

Reasonable or not, it was stated and they stuck with it. Acting like it wasn't explained is just being obtuse.
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Location: Parking in the gov't bldg @ 7th and Pine. It's only $3.00 on game day!

Postby Mookie4ever » Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:11 pm

You talk a good game. You're right, I'm obtuse. They explained it right in the movie. How could I have missed it? It's freakin Moby Dick with the story telling of Shawshank Redemption, the dialogue of Pulp fiction and the humour of the Princess Bride. It's a cinematic masterpiece, please don't bludgeon me with a hose.

Peace - I offer you the Cup Size Choir as an apology.

I regret nothing. Oh, that's not true, I regret that I have but one life to give for Gondor. Gandalf you fool, why didn't you just fly or teleport the ring into Mount Doom?
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 280)

The Dark Knight Rises (SPOILERS)

Postby lastingsgriller » Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:25 pm

StlSluggers wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:If this was the motivation then why didn't they just blow up the corrupt city? What was all this crap with putting the bomb in a garbage truck and driving it around the city with a remote detonator on it for weeks on end? For that matter why did they have to infiltrate Wayne Enterprises, kidnap some foreign scientist and go to all this trouble of inventing a new energy source that could be turned into a bomb with a few button pushes? Why didn't they just make a normal freakin bomb and destroy the city?

Because they were a poor terrorist organization who infiltrated and co-opted everything society made and turned it on itself? Like, say, getting a rich guy to unknowingly pay them to pour bomb-filled cement around the city, or stealing all of Wayne's equipment so that they actually had a semi-military arsenal, or freeing 1,000 prisoners and convincing them to ignorantly support Bane while he had no intention of ever letting them live. And as for driving it around, do you not recall Bane's speech about wanting to torture the city before killing it? Dragging it out for as long as possible?

Reasonable or not, it was stated and they stuck with it. Acting like it wasn't explained is just being obtuse.

Please leave the horse alone.
Follow me on the twit! @chadmiller16
lastingsgriller
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 167)

Postby StlSluggers » Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:52 am

Mookie4ever wrote:You talk a good game. You're right, I'm obtuse. They explained it right in the movie. How could I have missed it? It's freakin Moby Dick with the story telling of Shawshank Redemption, the dialogue of Pulp fiction and the humour of the Princess Bride. It's a cinematic masterpiece, please don't bludgeon me with a hose.

Peace - I offer you the Cup Size Choir as an apology.

I regret nothing. Oh, that's not true, I regret that I have but one life to give for Gondor. Gandalf you fool, why didn't you just fly or teleport the ring into Mount Doom?

Enjoy

http://www.cracked.com/article_20012_if-dark-knight-rises-was-10-times-shorter-more-honest.html
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby GiantsFan14 » Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:16 pm

Oh man that is pure gold.

Selfish betrayal again, damn!

bahahahaha
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 428)

Postby StlSluggers » Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:46 pm

I loved the Matthew Modine stuff :-b
StlSluggers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby bigh0rt » Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:06 pm

So not disappointed that I took the time to read it and take it all in. :-D
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 360)

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:09 pm

bigh0rt wrote:So not disappointed that I took the time to read it and take it all in. :-D

It was so worth the effort. ;-D

Reading the comments below it shows me that continuing to discuss the merits of the movie is pointless. Suffice it to say that Matthew modine sucks.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 280)

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk