Should I trade one of my OFers? WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Should I trade one of my OFers? WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Should I trade one of my OFers? WHIR

Postby oriolemagic33 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:50 am

H2H 12-team NON-keeper 7x7

C Willin Rosario
1B Ike Davis
2B Neil Walker
SS Mike Aviles
3B David Freese
OF Carlos Gonzalez
OF Andrew McCutchen
OF Matt Kemp
UTIL Ryan Braun
BN Ben Revere
BN JJ Hardy

SP Jon Lester
SP James Shields
SP Colby Lewis
SP Wade Miley
SP Jeremy Hellickson
SP Jarrod Parker
SP Tommy Milone
SP Jeff Samardzija
RP John Axford
RP Kenley Jansen

So as you can see, my team is extremely OF-heavy. I have basically 4 of the top 5 outfielders, and have been pondering trading one. Having these four guys gives me almost a guaranteed 6/7 offensive categories a week. This comes at the price of having a somewhat shaky pitching staff. The reason I am hesitant to trade for pitching or infield help is that I feel that guys like Lester, Shields, Hellickson could all be primed for strong second halfs and could give me just enough pitching to allow me to keep all my great bats. Others in the league tell me I'm crazy, but my gut tells me to stick it out with some of the underperforming hurlers and young guns (Parker, Miley, Milone) and keep Kemp, McCutchen, Braun, CarGo. Am I crazy??? What would you do? Thanks, WHIR as always!
oriolemagic33
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Should I trade one of my OFers? WHIR

Postby vladrules » Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:41 pm

I have never played H2H and 7x7. There seems to be a huge emphasis on SP. what are the categories is 7x7? Do you have a transaction (add/drop) limit? if not, then don't people usually add a lot of 2 start pitchers so you have more cumulative stats (such as W, Ks)

Love your OF!! 1B are usually deep so if there are some good FA 1B then can you trade Ike Davis (low avg) and someone for SP. SS is usually shallow so maybe you could also trade Hardy or Aviles. IMO, your offense is so strong that you can afford to trade SS to someone who needs SS.

viewtopic.php?t=450846

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=450820
vladrules
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Swirlz » Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:08 pm

I would trade andrew mccuthen hes a good sell high for what i'm hearing keep matt kemp hes a beast and carlos at coors come on easy choice if you want to part ways with an of

help on mine im thinking i need more rp viewtopic.php?t=450927
Swirlz
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Football

Postby HoneyNutIchiros11 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:51 pm

id keep kemp and braun for sure, i think theyre the better of the four OF in the long run although thats by far the best OF ive ever seen on a team. being stuck into keeping your roster is in no way a bad thing at all if youre winning 6/7 hitting categories.

either trade one of them (CarGo or McCutch probably) for a top pitcher (weaver/verlander) or for two or even three good pitchers. just stay away from strasburg because of the risk of him being shut down early

help please? http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=451338
HoneyNutIchiros11
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 24)

Postby dcmove2003 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:24 pm

I have trouble assessing the value of pitching vs. hitting in head-to-head. In a roto league, at this point in the season, I'd go heavy on the offense, but in head-to-head, I think you need to be mroe balanced. I'd consider trading CarGo (I disagree with the 'sell high on McCutcheon' comment, since I think he's playing at his normal talent level) to get a top SP (Verlander? Cain? Weaver? David Price?) or the other idea shared.

Can you help me? viewtopic.php?t=451180
dcmove2003
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 55)

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team