Astros- Blue Jays trade 10 players - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Astros- Blue Jays trade 10 players

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Astros- Blue Jays trade 10 players

Postby converge241 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:57 am

The Astros and Blue Jays have completed a ten-player trade, the teams announced. The Astros obtain seven players from Toronto: Major Leaguers Francisco Cordero and Ben Francisco, minor leaguers Joe Musgrove, Asher Wojciechowski, David Rollins and Carlos Perez, and a player to be named. The Astros send Brandon Lyon, J.A. Happ and David Carpenter to Toronto in the trade.

^ MLBTR
"I'm the man with the ball. I'm the man who can throw it faster than F***. So that's why I'm better than anyone in the world." - Kenny Powers
converge241
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 3191
(Past Year: 99)
Joined: 19 Mar 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Massachusetts

Re: Astros- Blue Jays trade 10 players

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:07 am

Words cannot express how happy I am to see Cordero leave town.
Happ and Lyon are sorely needed. Don't know much about Carpenter.
Shipping out Francisco opens up room for Snider who was just called up. This call up better stick because he is out of options and so is probably up for the foreseeable future. With D'Arnaud, Gomes and Arencebia there was no room for Carlos Perez. Didn't give up much, didn't get much but at least we have some cannon fodder when we face the AL East teams for the next couple of months.
Image
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 19545
(Past Year: 277)
Joined: 17 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Hakuna, Montana

Re: Astros- Blue Jays trade 10 players

Postby bigken117 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:27 am

talk about rearranging the deck chairs in Toronto ;-7
Image

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 12879
(Past Year: 248)
Joined: 15 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: posed in an awkward stance

Re: Astros- Blue Jays trade 10 players

Postby mweir145 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:15 pm

Meh. I could give a really long explanation about how acquiring Happ is probably worth it on a team that's had it's SP depth destroyed due to injury/poor performance, but this is as boring as a 10 player deal gets.

The fact that Snider gets to finally play (probably...I hope) might be the best and most exciting part of it.
25
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Eagle Eye
Posts: 16784
(Past Year: 4)
Joined: 3 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Toronto

Re: Astros- Blue Jays trade 10 players

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:25 pm

mweir145 wrote:Meh. I could give a really long explanation about how acquiring Happ is probably worth it on a team that's had it's SP depth destroyed due to injury/poor performance, but this is as boring as a 10 player deal gets.

The fact that Snider gets to finally play (probably...I hope) might be the best and most exciting part of it.



The most exciting part is Cordero leaving town.
Image
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 19545
(Past Year: 277)
Joined: 17 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Hakuna, Montana

Re: Astros- Blue Jays trade 10 players

Postby mweir145 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:27 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:
mweir145 wrote:Meh. I could give a really long explanation about how acquiring Happ is probably worth it on a team that's had it's SP depth destroyed due to injury/poor performance, but this is as boring as a 10 player deal gets.

The fact that Snider gets to finally play (probably...I hope) might be the best and most exciting part of it.



The most exciting part is Cordero leaving town.

This is essential, too.
25
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Eagle Eye
Posts: 16784
(Past Year: 4)
Joined: 3 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Toronto

Re: Astros- Blue Jays trade 10 players

Postby MashinSpuds » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:36 pm

I'd say this is quite a good deal for the Astros. Not sure if anyone will truly pan out, but they didn't lose any pieces they really needed. Worth a shot at filling up the minor leagues with some potential, and Wojciechowski and Musgrove are supposed to be solid.
MashinSpuds
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafecaster
Posts: 2563
(Past Year: 109)
Joined: 25 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Boston

Re: Astros- Blue Jays trade 10 players

Postby mweir145 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:42 pm

MashinSpuds wrote:I'd say this is quite a good deal for the Astros. Not sure if anyone will truly pan out, but they didn't lose any pieces they really needed. Worth a shot at filling up the minor leagues with some potential, and Wojciechowski and Musgrove are supposed to be solid.

Definitely worth it on their end, I think. They don't have much use for Happ as they rebuild. But the chances of any of those low-level MILBers ever becoming even as valuable as Happ (who I don't even really like as a pitcher but is servicable) isn't that great.
25
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Eagle Eye
Posts: 16784
(Past Year: 4)
Joined: 3 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Toronto

Re: Astros- Blue Jays trade 10 players

Postby Inukchuk » Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:11 pm

So now if Myers is dealt, Wilton Lopez is definitely the man in the 9th, yes? If you're speculating on saves, now would be a good time to snatch him up, I think...
Image
abrunn11... the place to go for all your sig needs...
Inukchuk
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 4014
Joined: 24 Jan 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Coming down on this hospital like the hammer of Thor

Re: Astros- Blue Jays trade 10 players

Postby Whalewang » Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:45 pm

Inukchuk wrote:So now if Myers is dealt, Wilton Lopez is definitely the man in the 9th, yes? If you're speculating on saves, now would be a good time to snatch him up, I think...


There is speculation that Houston could go with Cordero this year instead of Lopez. It might be a coin-flip.
Whalewang
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 175
Joined: 3 Dec 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Tuesday, Oct. 21
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

San Francisco at Kansas City
(8:07 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact