Genie?..A stat correction was received too late to apply for - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Genie?..A stat correction was received too late to apply for

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Genie?..A stat correction was received too late to apply

Postby bigken117 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:25 am

J35J wrote:Am I the only one that hasn't clicked on a single one of those stat correction links... :-?

Nope. It is what it is. We've all played on Yahoo for over 10 years with the same corrections, they just never published them.

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 254)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby wingman3110 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:52 pm

Anybody have Tim Collins on their roster last night and not get credited for is one inning of work and 3 strikeouts? He shows up in the boxscore and everything but when I go check my team and click on yesterdays "Thu, Aug 16" link he shows up with nothing on his stat line.... :-? :-t
"Just be you. You is enough." - Coach K
wingman3110
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 339)

Postby saemick » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:56 pm

wingman3110 wrote:Anybody have Tim Collins on their roster last night and not get credited for is one inning of work and 3 strikeouts? He shows up in the boxscore and everything but when I go check my team and click on yesterdays "Thu, Aug 16" link he shows up with nothing on his stat line.... :-? :-t

I had 4 pitchers going last night, saw their stats listed last night, as of a few minutes ago, all pitching stats are 0's.... it must be a system glitch.

Genie, any info here?
saemick
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 24)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby bayside » Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:11 pm

saemick wrote:
wingman3110 wrote:Anybody have Tim Collins on their roster last night and not get credited for is one inning of work and 3 strikeouts? He shows up in the boxscore and everything but when I go check my team and click on yesterdays "Thu, Aug 16" link he shows up with nothing on his stat line.... :-? :-t

I had 4 pitchers going last night, saw their stats listed last night, as of a few minutes ago, all pitching stats are 0's.... it must be a system glitch.

Genie, any info here?

This happened in every league im in as well.
Im sure Yahoo is aware of the problem and will have it fixed before sunday
bayside
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 190)

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:34 pm

There was a league note most of the day mentioning the issue and clarifying that we're working on it. I believe by now most or all leagues are fully repaired.
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 93)

Postby rich101682 » Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:42 am

Looks like something similar happened this morning. No updates from last week yet, and pending trades that were supposed to go through today are still pending.
rich101682
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 92)

Postby SpecialFNK » Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:52 am

it's not unusual for it to say at the top of my page, a stat correction was applied to player X, but damn how many stat corrections were made for Sunday?! my one team I have 13 players with a stat correction for Sunday. and if/once you click on the link for stat corrections for Sunday, it's a huge list. holy crap.
SpecialFNK
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 513)

Postby Izenhart » Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:48 am

SpecialFNK wrote:it's not unusual for it to say at the top of my page, a stat correction was applied to player X, but damn how many stat corrections were made for Sunday?! my one team I have 13 players with a stat correction for Sunday. and if/once you click on the link for stat corrections for Sunday, it's a huge list. holy crap.

Ya I'm wondering whats up with this. It's very confusing trying to determine how much of these corrections effected my H2H leagues right now.
Izenhart
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 531)

Postby Fantasy Sports Genie » Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:58 am

Okay. Without drowning you guys in too much of our misery, here is the short version of what has happened. And yes, this is the short version.

- Last week, we had a problem in the middle of our overnight processing. By the time the dust cleared, leagues were kinda half updated. The obvious thing people saw was a point where hitters were updated but pitchers weren't. It was actually messier than that; if you looked reeeeally carefully, or were in leagues with unusual stats, we also weren't counting fielding stats, hitting for the cycle, or grand slams (Corey Hart had one, just to make our life more difficult. Jerk.)
- We finally got that sorted out, but all the manual steps we had to do (which basically included updating twice on one day, which we normally do NOT want to do) confused processing for the next day. But that got sorted out, and we thought we were finally in the clear.
- Until this morning, when corrections ran. We then noticed that when we updated twice on the same day, the first update said, "These bajillion batters got these bajillion stats on day X." When we updated again to just get the pitchers, it said, "Hmm. I thought all these batters got stats on day X, but here I am updating for day X and there are no batter stats. Those must have all been mistakes." So it noted a bajillion stat corrections to remove all the hitting stats for that day. Thanks.

So one of my fearless coworkers has been performing surgery all morning to fix that. At this point I think he has it all sorted out, and things are underway, it just takes time to run.

This has been the messiest stat situation we've had in the... 5? or so years I've worked here on fantasy sports. But by later this morning we should have things restored to an accurate state. Believe me when I say we hate this stuff as much as you do. But as a result it is really important to us to get it right, and a lot of work has gone into trying to properly sort out this mess. Almost there.
Fantasy Sports Genie
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 93)

Postby Izenhart » Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:10 pm

Thanks for the update Genie, I have confidence you guys will get it right. Thanks for all the hard work you guys do, and also for keeping us informed here. ;-D
Izenhart
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 531)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers