Genie?..A stat correction was received too late to apply for - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Genie?..A stat correction was received too late to apply for

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Genie?..A stat correction was received too late to apply

Postby bayside » Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:17 pm

I agree. Yahoo needs a stat provider that provides accurate, timely stats.
The one they use now is sorely lacking.
bayside
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Maris09 » Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:58 am

bigh0rt wrote:
Maris09 wrote:Not positive about any of this, but I think if you saw a stat correction note last night (Sunday) at 8:30 pm, I think that might have still been a note from the week before. Usually stat corrections are run over night Sunday into Monday.

It's still looking though like over half of the stat corrections listed, are listed as "too late to apply for...."
My question is, if less than half of the stat errors each week are actually being fixed, why do it at all? It's taking something that's already highly arbitrary and random and just making it more arbitrary and random.
Because if someone is throwing punches at you I'd much rather wear 50% of them on my chin than 100% if given the choice, no? If this is as best as they can do, then I'd much rather take it than them saying, "Eh, screw it." What it sounds like Y! needs to me is a new stat provider, cause I don't think this has been an issue with ESPN at all in the years I've been there.

That's not an accurate comp though in my opinion. The only thing worse than an inaccurate stat and an uncorrected inaccurate stat, is to have one team's corrected and one team's not corrected. Like as if the 50% of punches being stopped are only the 50% being thrown at your opponent, and you're still getting drilled. To have a matchup be decided like that is just....
Again at that point I think you're taking fantasy bball (which is already highly arbitrary and random) and just making it more arbitrary and random.

But ya, if ESPN never has stat correction issues then it sounds like a much overdue move. Must be more to it than that though. I think I remember Genie saying most sites get their stats from the same provider. So maybe then it's Yahoo's cutoff time that's the variable? I dunno. Doesn't seem very clear what the issue is, just kind of frustrating seeing less than half of all corrections actually being implemented week after week.
Maris09
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 8)

Postby Maris09 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:45 pm

Another week, this time only 2 of about 27 stat corrections were actually implemented in one of my leagues. 25 were too late to apply.

Not sure what's going on or why corrections are really run at this point.

Since we've heard (from Genie in the past) that most of the sites all get their stats from the same provider, and also that a site like ESPN rarely has stat corrections that don't get corrected (from Big0rt), what is the variable here that is causing this problem to occur? The only thing I can think of is that the stat cutoff time being requested by Y! is earlier than all other sites. Any other ideas? 2 of 27 is like a joke.
Maris09
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby bigh0rt » Mon Aug 13, 2012 1:56 pm

Maris09 wrote:and also that a site like ESPN rarely has stat corrections that don't get corrected (from Big0rt)
FWIW, I don't really know if that's the case. I can't even find a link for Stat Corrections on my ESPN page anywhere, so I'm really just going off the eye test. I've never had a problem with stat corrections (I never had a problem with them in all my years of Y! either), so I may not be the best source here.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 347)

Postby Maris09 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:03 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
Maris09 wrote:and also that a site like ESPN rarely has stat corrections that don't get corrected (from Big0rt)
FWIW, I don't really know if that's the case. I can't even find a link for Stat Corrections on my ESPN page anywhere, so I'm really just going off the eye test. I've never had a problem with stat corrections (I never had a problem with them in all my years of Y! either), so I may not be the best source here.

Gotcha.

And I may have misunderstood this weeks set of corrections as well. From the stat correction page for this week it looks like a lot of the ones listed as being "uncorrected" may have been from previous week(s), which obviously in a H2H league cannot and should not be corrected because too much time has passed.

Maybe that's what I'm missing here, they list corrections that MLB or whoever has done from previous weeks even though they are, at this point, uncorrectable (and understandably so).
Maris09
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Re: Re: Genie?..A stat correction was received too late to a

Postby garf112 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:08 pm

Maris09 wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:

Gotcha.

And I may have misunderstood this weeks set of corrections as well. From the stat correction page for this week it looks like a lot of the ones listed as being "uncorrected" may have been from previous week(s), which obviously in a H2H league cannot and should not be corrected because too much time has passed.

Maybe that's what I'm missing here, they list corrections that MLB or whoever has done from previous weeks even though they are, at this point, uncorrectable (and understandably so).

It took you this long to figure out what we have been telling you from page one? Wow.
Join Pennant Wars today! A simulated fantasy baseball game where you are the General Manager.

http://www.pennantwars.com/index.php?r= ... &user=2163
garf112
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 38)

Postby Maris09 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:36 am

Nobody really said anything till page 3, but thanks guy. Anyway there are still same week corrections that don't get caught. Trust me I've been burned by them. Just curious what was up.
Maris09
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby bayside » Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:02 am

better get ready for a few more "too late to apply" corrections, because as soon as the Giants scorer gets his head out of his *** there will definitely be some some scoring changes for that 3rd inning amateur hour circus show.
bayside
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby J35J » Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:48 am

Am I the only one that hasn't clicked on a single one of those stat correction links... :-?
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 369)

Postby bigh0rt » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:04 pm

FWIW, heres ESPN's literature on stat corrections...

Scoring Corrections
It's possible that over the course of the seven month fantasy baseball season some scoring plays and player statistics may be recorded incorrectly. The deadline for all weekly scoring or stat corrections made by the system is one week from the day that game was played during the MLB season. Any changes entered in the system will automatically reflect in both your Box Score and your Standing's pages.

NOTE: In LM leagues, if the league manager notices the incorrect scoring and uses the Adjust Scoring League Manager tool to manually change the score, and afterward the system updates automatically to reflect the same correction, the impacted team will be awarded with double credit for the correction. If this occurs, you should contact your league manager and ask them to re-adjust the scoring to remove the manual adjustment they entered.

NOTE: When creating an ESPN Custom or League Manager league, the league creator can decide whether to use all baseball players or restrict the pool to either AL-Only or NL-Only. If they choose to restrict the pool to a particular league, they can further decide whether that player's stats still count toward scoring. Refer to the examples below.

In an AL or NL only league where the league creator has allowed points to accrue when changing leagues, if a player is traded to another team, in the other league (AL to NL or vice versa) mid-season, that player will remain on your roster and continue to accrue points upon joining the new MLB team (even though that team is not in your league universe). If the player is subsequently traded to another team in your fantasy league, that player will still accrue points. Only when that player is dropped to waivers, will he be removed from the player universe for the league. An example of this would have been C.C. Sabathia leaving the American League Cleveland Indians for the National League Milwaukee Brewers in July of 2008.

In an AL or NL only league where the league creator has NOT allowed points to accrue when changing leagues, if a player is traded across leagues during the season (for example - Mark Teixeira on July 31, 2007 going from the Texas Rangers to the Atlanta Braves) he will be placed on Waivers (if the player is not owned), at which time normal Waiver rules apply. Any team that owns and keeps the player in question will no longer accrue points for that player (so we would recommend dropping the player and filling the roster slot with an appropriate alternative).
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 347)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers