Genie?..A stat correction was received too late to apply for - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Genie?..A stat correction was received too late to apply for

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Genie?..A stat correction was received too late to apply for

Postby Maris09 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:55 pm

Maybe the Genie can shed a little more light on this. I've been seeing this memo pop up more and more each week at the top of Yahoo Team pages. Seems like as the season's gone on there are more of these than stat corrections that actually get implemented. Is this something new this year? Are the stat providers just lagging more or is Yahoo asking for all stats to be turned in earlier or something?

Just wondering because when I go to the stat correction page nowadays there are usually only 2-3 corrections actually made, and about 10-15 where they caught the mistake, but.... "A stat correction was received too late to apply for..."

Not trying to delve super deep into the stat corrections argument here, just wondeirng why the recent change.

Thanks in advance Genie.
Last edited by Maris09 on Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maris09
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 8)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: A stat correction was received too late to apply for...

Postby jfg » Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:38 pm

I've seen it pop up a couple times as well. To tell you the truth, I kind of prefer it like this for less confusion especially when it comes to h2h playoffs.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:26 pm

jfg wrote:I've seen it pop up a couple times as well. To tell you the truth, I kind of prefer it like this for less confusion especially when it comes to h2h playoffs.

I disagree. I see it sort of like instant replay. Even if it makes things confusing in the short term, you're better off getting it right in the end, even if it's a bit of a hassle. I would hate to lose a playoff matchup because my RBI got recorded too late.

2011 Live Free or DyNasty Champ
A Fleshner Fantasy
Wicked Wikitect
Wicked Wikitect

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 31)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mayor quimby » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:02 am

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:
jfg wrote:I've seen it pop up a couple times as well. To tell you the truth, I kind of prefer it like this for less confusion especially when it comes to h2h playoffs.

I disagree. I see it sort of like instant replay. Even if it makes things confusing in the short term, you're better off getting it right in the end, even if it's a bit of a hassle. I would hate to lose a playoff matchup because my RBI got recorded too late.

Absolutely. You'd never want an error in the scoring whether it benefits you or not.
mayor quimby
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 11)

Postby Izenhart » Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:21 am

mayor quimby wrote:
A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:

Absolutely. You'd never want an error in the scoring whether it benefits you or not.

Right. If my hitter gets credited with a home run that wins me the league but oops, it doesn't count and I lose, that's not fair. It's like picking a horse to win and not getting paid out with the excuse, "Yes I see your horse did win, but we credited the win to someone else in error and payed them instead. Sorry!"
Izenhart
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 286)

Postby Maris09 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:44 pm

I'm just wondering why we're seeing a 3:1 or 4:1 ratio of one that's are too late to be corrected vs the ones that are in on time to get corrected.

Each week I go to the stat corrections page and there are 2-3 that were made and 8-9 that were too late.
Maris09
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby bayside » Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:09 pm

ya this seems really sketchy.
Im pretty sure Yahoo will blame it on the stat providers, but the bottom line is that Yahoo runs the game so Yahoo is responsible for the scoring. No excuses.
They offer money leagues now. Having this many uncorrected scoring errors is simply unacceptable
bayside
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Maris09 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:31 pm

bayside wrote:ya this seems really sketchy.
Im pretty sure Yahoo will blame it on the stat providers, but the bottom line is that Yahoo runs the game so Yahoo is responsible for the scoring. No excuses.
They offer money leagues now. Having this many uncorrected scoring errors is simply unacceptable

I don't want this to turn into an attack against Yahoo thing, just curious as to why it seems a bit different this year. I'm sure Yahoo does everything in their power to get these corrected, but they have to work within whatever the stat provider is willing to do.

Guess it just seems like if only 2-3 out of 10-12 are getting corrected each week, it's not really worth doing it at all. I mean, what if in H2H one team's corrections get made and the others don't, and a matchup is decided that way?
Maris09
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Re: Genie?..A stat correction was received too late to apply

Postby rachito » Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:43 pm

Is there any way to disable stat corrections? I run a league where the matchups are always exceptionally close and the even the worst team isn't more than 10wins off the pace. Twist is that winners of the weekly matchups get to 'force' a trade with the losing team, and even though it's restricted to utility/ pitcher positions, carries enough weight that a stat error could have harsh consequences. Just two weeks back someone lost Ortiz this way and would hate to have him feel slighted if the matchup result changes later on. Any suggestions?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
rachito
T-Ball Trainer

Postby bayside » Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:12 pm

Maris09 wrote:
bayside wrote:ya this seems really sketchy.

I don't want this to turn into an attack against Yahoo thing, just curious as to why it seems a bit different this year. I'm sure Yahoo does everything in their power to get these corrected, but they have to work within whatever the stat provider is willing to do.

Guess it just seems like if only 2-3 out of 10-12 are getting corrected each week, it's not really worth doing it at all. I mean, what if in H2H one team's corrections get made and the others don't, and a matchup is decided that way?

its not an attack, its a call for accountability.
seriously, what day is the cutoff for when these errors are fixed and applied? its not like all these mistakes are occurring on Sunday just1 day before stats become final in h2h.

and as for the last part, its already happened in my league this year. Carlos Zambrano's 4 ER that were received but not applied, paired with Craigs lost RBI (and hit) caused a team to lose a matchup a couple weeks back.
bayside
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers