Drop Rizzo for Fowler? 100% WHIR!!! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Drop Rizzo for Fowler? 100% WHIR!!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Drop Rizzo for Fowler? 100% WHIR!!!

Postby WhipperSnappers44 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:18 am

Ok everyone....some time back I showed a list of some guys on my WW in one of my leagues and Fowler was there and everyone said "WHAT" and that I should scoop him up but I doubted the advice givers...well looking at his STATS he has been pretty darn good and I think I want to take everyone up on their advice but just don't know how to get it done....please help and as always...100% WHIR!

I would like....I mean "LOVE" to be able to make a trade in this league but #1 it's real hard to trade with these people and #2 I am bad with making trades that will entice other players (they always favor me) so if anyone can see a surefire deal I can propose that would be super helpful! (possibly an SP I think would be the best course of action and then I can grab Fowler with the free spot....like a 2 for 1 or 3 for 1)

My Team:

C - C.Santana
1B - Miggy Cabrera
2B - A.Craig
3B - E.Encarnacion
SS - I.Desmond
OF - Curtis Granderson
OF - H.Pence
OF - J.Kubel
Uti - A.Jackson
Uti - M.Teixiera
Bench - T.Plouffe
Bench - B. Zobrist
Bench - A. Rizzo
Bench - K.Youk

Pitching:

SP - G.Gonzales , RA Dickey , T.Hanson , A.Sanchez , P.Hughes , AJ Burnett , S.Marcum(DL)
RP - J.Johnson , F.Rodney , S.Casilla

Now I was thinking of either just straight dropping Rizzo for Fowler (but I really like Rizzo but don't really need his position but I think he could be a diamond but has slipped a little since the AS break) or packaging him and another 1-2 players for a top arm and then grab Fowler. Or should I just let Fowler sit on the WW?

I know most might say to trade Kubel but I really love him this year and the dude is straight hitting (came back after sitting a couple days and cracked 2 long balls)....so I was thinking of packaging something out of this group (Rizzo, Pence, AJAX , Youk, Hughes , Anibal)....so what to do? Txs for the help in advance and post yours if you need help.

WhipperSnappers44!!! ;-D ;-D ;-D
WhipperSnappers44
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Drop Rizzo for Fowler? 100% WHIR!!!

Postby TitsMcGahee » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:17 am

Personally I would have dropped Hughes for fowler by now and not looked back. Don't drop rizzo the kid can hit.
TitsMcGahee
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 4)

Postby CubsFan4Life23 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:21 am

I agree...I too would drop Hughes before Rizzo

help me?
viewtopic.php?t=450727
CubsFan4Life23
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 159)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby WhipperSnappers44 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:27 am

Txs for the reply...I agree on that as well but then I would only have 5 starting pitchers and 5 bench offensive guys which would kill me...any other options....maybe for a trade idea that I could throw in or not throw in Hughes but possibly get a stud SP so throwing away Hughes wouldn't hurt so bad? Txs again and WHIR anyone that needs!

Here is a list of available SP's and Offensive FA's also if it matters any.....

Off FA: D.Fowler, L.Berkman, C.Rasmus, N.Walker, A.Ramirez(SS), R.Weeks, N.Markakis, C.Young, C.Lee, JP Abrencibia, D.Murphy(NYM), C.Davis, P.Alverez, W.Rosario

SP FA: J.Parker, F.Liriano, B.McCarthy, S.Diamond, T.Milone, J.Samard, C.Zambrano, B.Sheets

Txs again for the help!

WhipperSnappers44
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby WhipperSnappers44 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:02 am

***On a side note I just offered up this deal to the last place team in the league...what do you all think?***

I give: B.Zobrist+H.Pence+P.Hughes

He gives: R.Cano+F.Hernandez (then I could grab Fowler with the extra spot)

I know he might not go for it but he is in last place and has been making some crazy moves on the WW so you never know....should I stick with the trade? Take it down and stay with who I have? Any help is appreciative and I will help you 100%...txs all!

BTW...I think I forgot to mention it but this is a 12 Team H2H (non-keeper redraft league) 10 CAT and I am currently and have been in 1st place since the start of the season.

Txs again everyone!

WhipperSnappers44
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby chowder » Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:35 am

When in first place, it is tougher for me to trade as my thoughts are if it is not broke, then why fix it (unless I am getting a very good value). That being said, the alternative trade posted above with you getting Cano/FHer is good value for you as the winner in the trade. So, the worst he can do is say no or counter.

Please help:
viewtopic.php?t=450705
chowder
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions