Yahoo's AL/NL Only fantasy rules need to change! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Yahoo's AL/NL Only fantasy rules need to change!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Yahoo's AL/NL Only fantasy rules need to change!

Postby OBPlover » Wed Jul 18, 2012 6:54 pm

Ok, I know I will get some sling for this (I already have from my league managers):

But I think Yahoo needs to allow more flexibility regarding trades for AL/NL only leagues. Currently, if a player gets traded out of an AL team, in an AL only league, they can not accumulate stats in the NL (and same for NL only of course). Also, players traded from the NL into the AL are now eligible off waivers.

I think as commissioner I should at least have the ability to change this feature and allow AL players to continue earning stats in the NL. IMHO, a good league is one that reduces the chance element of winning as much as possible. It should come down to baseball knowledge. But losing players or gaining all stars due to trades make leagues far too luck dependent.
OBPlover
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 244)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Yahoo's AL/NL Only fantasy rules need to change!

Postby mkultra » Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:31 am

You do know that Yahoo is a free service, right?

What you're asking for is pretty non-standard functionality. I've seen the "stat accumulation" rule as a "premium" option on pay sites, but preventing players from showing up in the player pool seems tricky.
mkultra
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 50)

Postby TorontoBlueJays17 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:32 pm

mkultra wrote:You do know that Yahoo is a free service, right?

What you're asking for is pretty non-standard functionality. I've seen the "stat accumulation" rule as a "premium" option on pay sites, but preventing players from showing up in the player pool seems tricky.

I agree with the original poster. It sucks to have a trade completely decimate your chance of winning, and even though Yahoo is free I agree interleague trades should allow players on rosters to accumulate stats either way.

To the above poster, it's fairly easy, you'd just mark all the NL/AL teams into two different groups, and do a "don't show player x if setting is set to x league only". For example, don't show Roy Halladay if Comish has set it to AL-only.
TorontoBlueJays17
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby bigmck » Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:11 pm

I play in a NL only CBS league and they have it. That is a pay site as was said above. == I play in ESPN leagues but have never used just one league. I just always assumed ESPN had that option. Does anyone know if they do?
bigmck
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 64)

Return to Commissioner's Corner