Victorino or Aoki - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Who to Start/Bench

Victorino or Aoki

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Victorino or Aoki

Postby tenacean » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:31 am

Ok,

Victorino has been a pain in my...ummm...lineup...all season. Given it was a contract year I expected more BUT...with the Phillies lineup in flux he's had to bat out of position rather than in the 2 or 3 hole...and I truly think he's having a nagging issue with his hand which is limiting his switch hitting advantage...after the all star break he was placed back where he belongs in the 3 hole and produced more hits and runs...also, most likely, he'll be traded very soon...maybe to the Yanks...overall...I'm frustrated...

Aoki, on the other hand, has seemed to solidify a spot at the top of the Brewers lineup...he can hit for average (japanese batting champ)...score runs (hitting in front of Braun)...and steal some bases...his stats with a LOT less ABs are approaching Victorino's...

I can't seem to attach Victorino to ANY trade in my league so I'll have to drop him if I go with him...

Thoughts??
tenacean
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Victorino or Aoki

Postby WaCougMBS » Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:35 pm

Boy, I think I'd rather be starting Aoki short term, but I wouldn't go dropping the Flyin' Hawaiin either. Is there nobody else you can drop instead? What are your league specs, roster requirements, etc.?

BTW, welcome to the Cafe - great to see a new face 'round here ;-D
2012 H2HWS West A champion
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Radio PimpEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafecasterFootball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Who to Start/Bench