2004 Predictions - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Article Discussions

2004 Predictions

Moderators: daullaz, Baseball Moderators

2004 Predictions

Postby Arlo » Sat Apr 03, 2004 8:44 pm

Will Florida repeat as World Champion? Will Albert Pujols dethrone Barry Bonds as the National League MVP? And who will be this year's biggest busts?

It's Prediction time again, and this year, Madison and wrveres, two folks who certainly don't need an introduction at the Cafe, are joining me in making a few educated guesses on what the 2004 season has in store. Some will be right, and some will be wrong, but predictions are always fun reading - especially after the season, when it can be seen just how far off some of those calls were.

Enjoy, and let us know which predictions you think are bull's-eyes, and which are completely off the mark...
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Swinger » Sun Apr 04, 2004 3:27 pm

Ugh.. Madison.. "A great season with exciting playoffs and a fantastic World Series." Can it get any less original than that? It's like a beauty pageant where all the contestants want world peace. Makes me want to throw up.
Swinger
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Madison » Sun Apr 04, 2004 10:41 pm

Swinger wrote:Ugh.. Madison.. "A great season with exciting playoffs and a fantastic World Series." Can it get any less original than that? It's like a beauty pageant where all the contestants want world peace. Makes me want to throw up.

Yeah, it's generic. It is what I want though. Certainly don't want it boring.

Don't forget the "no fans on the field" part though. ;-)

I'm editing this to elaborate.

Look at last year for example. The pennant races were just ok. The playoffs were great in my opinion all the way until the World Series. Even the playoff ratings were good until the World Series. I really wasn't too excited about seeing the Marlins vs. Yankees. Nice to see Pudge get a ring, but I'd rather have seen the Cubs or Sox (or better yet, both) have a chance to win it all. Basically, I just want this year to be more exciting than last year.

Obviously you are a Beckett fan (at least by your avatar) so I'm sure that last year's World Series was great for you and I'm happy that you got to experience it. For myself, it wasn't quite as exciting as it could have been. So my honest feelings of wanting this year to be more exciting really isn't such a big deal, is it?
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Return to Article Discussions