Tough call...Weeks, Colvin, or Ruggiano? WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Tough call...Weeks, Colvin, or Ruggiano? WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Tough call...Weeks, Colvin, or Ruggiano? WHIR

Postby thirdeyez » Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:44 pm

Ok, so to keep it short, I need to drop a batter. I've narrowed it down to three options, all coming off strong months:

Rickie Weeks: Awful first half, but most history and potential of the bunch. Strong past month, possibly turning it around. The 2B status is nice but not essential because I've got Kipnis with Plouffe as backup.

Tyler Colvin: Rocking it in Colorado, especially the past month. Versatile position player since my league has specific LF CF RF slots. He can fill any of the three, plus 1B.

Justin Ruggiano: Came out of nowhere to play like a fantasy all star. He has the best average stats of the bunch on the season. LF/CF eligibility. He could just be a short term fluke. But he could also be long term fluke ala the batting equivalent of R.A. Dickey. He's demonstrated an early ability to hit with both power and speed...I'd hate to be the guy to drop him right as he proves he's ready to stick around.

It's worth noting that I'm playing in a points H2H league counting the following:

R
1B
2B
3B
HR
RBI
SB
BB
K
CYC
SLA

And I'm also in first place currently. Playoffs are fairly guaranteed, so I want to look big picture. Also, I recently dropped Pedro Alvarez in case anyone has thoughts on that decision. Thanks!
thirdeyez
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Tough call...Weeks, Colvin, or Ruggiano? WHIR

Postby Ellsberries » Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:52 pm

I'm going with keeping Weeks. I think that he will have a big second half. Ruggiano is good, but already he will probably be platooned with the return of Bonafacio.

Help with mine please?
viewtopic.php?t=450635
Ellsberries
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby alex_bazeley » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:52 pm

I like Weeks. He's long overdue and should put up much better numbers this half.

Help here?
viewtopic.php?t=450662
alex_bazeley
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby thirdeyez » Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:11 am

The question was which one to drop, not which one to keep. Still helpful though, thank you. I needed to make a call, so I dropped Ruggiano. It was close with him and Colvin, but Colvin just seemed like the more reliable option, even if they're both potentially streaky.
thirdeyez
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions