Strategy going forward due to injuries? WHIR. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Strategy going forward due to injuries? WHIR.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Strategy going forward due to injuries? WHIR.

Postby pjtroy34 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:56 pm

12team, H2H weekly 6x6 roto; additional cats of BB-KO hitting, L, SV+HD.
Can keep 10 players, move up 2 rounds from the previous year...my current thoughts on keepers are bolded.

I've been hit hard with recent injuries. I'm wrestling my demons on how to proceed: mail it in or make small deals for hitting or pitching? I'm tied for 4th, 10 games up on the first team not currently in playoff position...7 games behind 3rd and 11.5 out of 1st...2nd place in power rankings.

My hitting lineup is abysmal right now thanks to the Pedroia, Stanton, and Votto injuries.
I get Pedroia back shortly...hopefully the good one.
My weekly RBI total is hurting and my current lineup isn't really into hitting bombs.

My initial thought is that my pitching will have to carry me for the next month or so and I may have to rely on run scoring, higher average, stolen base guys for the short haul...not striking out would be a bonus.

If this was your team what would you do?
Should I focus here on trying to get good pitchers that can be matchup plays for me?...Dan Haren and Colby Lewis come to mind.
Do I try and find an affordable 1B bat or ride with Hosmer? Morrison is eligible here too, but he hasn't exactly been overwhelming. I plan on trying to sign Todd Frazier off waivers.

Cashner, Harvey, and either Bonifacio (like his multi-eligibility) or Revere (like his BA) carry any weight in a keeper for Haren or Lewis?
I've been offered Mauer for Hosmer, but that doesn't exactly excite me.

Lineup
C: Pierzynski
1B: Hosmer
2B: Zobrist
SS: Andrus
3B: Lawrie
OF: Pence
OF: Willingham
OF: Revere
OF: Morrison
DH: Bonifacio

SP: Hamels
SP: Dickey
SP: Zimmermann
SP: Lee
P: T. Hudson/Waino
RP: Hanrahan
RP: Cook

BN: Votto
BN: Stanton
BN: Pedroia
BN: Waino/T. Hudson
BN: Cashner
BN: Harvey
BN: M. Moore
BN: Storen

DL: VMart (have to be on DL60 to use DL slot)
pjtroy34
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Strategy going forward due to injuries? WHIR.

Postby Tosabigdog » Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:07 pm

Not really a H2H player, but I think you have enough pitching. Would someone like a L. Cain be available? Hitting at the top of the KC lineup would produce some R. I expect him to be a 10/10 player the second half - he has the gig.
Tosabigdog
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 24)

Postby jruffus1 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:32 pm

Honestly, I think your teams just been stuck by a bunch of misfortune. Your offense really isn't that bad. Willingham has been a pleasant surprise this season, and Revere seems to be hot at the moment. I say just ride it out while potentially picking up players that are hot as time goes on.
jruffus1
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 68)

Postby pjtroy34 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:51 pm

Tosabigdog wrote:Not really a H2H player, but I think you have enough pitching. Would someone like a L. Cain be available? Hitting at the top of the KC lineup would produce some R. I expect him to be a 10/10 player the second half - he has the gig.

No, Cain is gone. When I lost Stanton I had to pick up Morrison. The outfielders available are all pretty bad and flawed in most categories.
pjtroy34
College Coach
College Coach

Postby toof90 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:36 pm

jruffus1 wrote:Honestly, I think your teams just been stuck by a bunch of misfortune. Your offense really isn't that bad. Willingham has been a pleasant surprise this season, and Revere seems to be hot at the moment. I say just ride it out while potentially picking up players that are hot as time goes on.

I agree with this
You actually have a very good roster but its just getting hammered by injuries.
I think you should just stay put but like jruffus said, pick up plyers that are hot as the season goes on and wait out some injuries.

if your team was healthy it'd be scary

thanks for the help on mine
toof90
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions