7/17 Cheering, Venting and Call the Doc - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

7/17 Cheering, Venting and Call the Doc

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: 7/17 Cheering, Venting and Call the Doc

Postby bigh0rt » Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:51 pm

Syfo-Dyas wrote:Gose is not in the lineup.
I'd give him a day to adjust too, given his opposing pitcher today is Sabathia. Also, interesting to see Brett Lawrie slotted into the 3-hole tonight in between Rasmus and Eddy Enc.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 388)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bigh0rt » Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:54 pm

Lineup Adjustments... for tonight at least...

TOR: Rajai Davis leading off, Lawrie batting 3rd, with Bautista on the DL.

BOS: Daniel Nava batting 3rd, presumably to split up the lefties Crawford (DH) and A-Gonz.

CIN: Cozart 2nd, Brandon Phillips batting 3rd, Ludwick 4th, Rolen 5th, but Bruce with a routine day off, so not sure how that will settle when he's back in.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby bigh0rt » Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:00 pm

With CIN running their B Squad out there, down Votto and with Bruce getting the night off, I'm going to again, roll the dice (after the Tillman debacle, why not?) and trot Bauer out there and see if he can't rack up 10 Ks and a Win. The Total Run Line was 8.5 with -120 juice on the Over, and has dropped to 8 with even juice on O/U, so hopefully that's a good sign at least. He remains a heavy dog cause he's facing Cueto, but hell, what have I got to lose? And since I'm gambling, why not chuck Matt Moore against the same Cleveland team that knocked him around in his last start? Carlos Santana isn't starting, which is unfortunate for Moore, cause he's sucked donkey dong all year. Still, Vegas made him a -155 favorite which has since slid slightly towards Cleveland -- Moore was @CLE when he got rocked last time, but tonight he's at the Trop where he possesses a 3.79 ERA and 1.35 WHIP, and dropping. I'm down so big, if they both tank it won't matter anyway. Here goes nothin'!
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby bigh0rt » Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:03 pm

Lorenzo Cain, 6-for-14 since coming back (.429) with 3 R and 2 RBI. Benched for Francoeur. !+)
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Syfo-Dyas » Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:21 pm

bigh0rt wrote:With CIN running their B Squad out there, down Votto and with Bruce getting the night off, I'm going to again, roll the dice (after the Tillman debacle, why not?) and trot Bauer out there and see if he can't rack up 10 Ks and a Win. The Total Run Line was 8.5 with -120 juice on the Over, and has dropped to 8 with even juice on O/U, so hopefully that's a good sign at least. He remains a heavy dog cause he's facing Cueto, but hell, what have I got to lose? And since I'm gambling, why not chuck Matt Moore against the same Cleveland team that knocked him around in his last start? Carlos Santana isn't starting, which is unfortunate for Moore, cause he's sucked donkey dong all year. Still, Vegas made him a -155 favorite which has since slid slightly towards Cleveland -- Moore was @CLE when he got rocked last time, but tonight he's at the Trop where he possesses a 3.79 ERA and 1.35 WHIP, and dropping. I'm down so big, if they both tank it won't matter anyway. Here goes nothin'!

Carlos Santana is the DH and hits 6th.
the awesome sig by soty

"You should be mindful of the future, but not at the expense of the
moment." - Qui-Gon Jinn (keeper league expert?)
Syfo-Dyas
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby bigh0rt » Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:29 pm

Syfo-Dyas wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:With CIN running their B Squad out there, down Votto and with Bruce getting the night off, I'm going to again, roll the dice (after the Tillman debacle, why not?) and trot Bauer out there and see if he can't rack up 10 Ks and a Win. The Total Run Line was 8.5 with -120 juice on the Over, and has dropped to 8 with even juice on O/U, so hopefully that's a good sign at least. He remains a heavy dog cause he's facing Cueto, but hell, what have I got to lose? And since I'm gambling, why not chuck Matt Moore against the same Cleveland team that knocked him around in his last start? Carlos Santana isn't starting, which is unfortunate for Moore, cause he's sucked donkey dong all year. Still, Vegas made him a -155 favorite which has since slid slightly towards Cleveland -- Moore was @CLE when he got rocked last time, but tonight he's at the Trop where he possesses a 3.79 ERA and 1.35 WHIP, and dropping. I'm down so big, if they both tank it won't matter anyway. Here goes nothin'!

Carlos Santana is the DH and hits 6th.
Just as I was getting annoyed that he was getting another day off, you drop this gem on me. Thank you for the correction. Maybe he can pelt the Tampa bullpen after Moore throws 7 innings of shutout ball, gets a 10 - 0 lead (thanks to Ben Zobrist), and strikes out 12. I can dream, right? I'm delusional. I need sleep.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby SpecialFNK » Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:48 pm

seeing what Gose's splits were in the minors probably best not to start him tonight against LH Sabathia. I don't think it should be a straight platoon and they should be giving him AB against LH pitching too. but tonight isn't surprising.
SpecialFNK
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 98)

Postby mweir145 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:39 pm

Gose's high K rate, low power (for Vegas), and major splits (.517 OPS) suggest he isn't ready for this callup (especially over guys like Snider and Thames). I don't get it.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 10)

Postby bigh0rt » Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:50 pm

bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Thursday » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:01 pm

Trout. This dude really has to be kidding. I seriously would be happy with half the numbers he's put up, but this is just insane.
Thursday
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 1)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers