7/16 Cheering, Venting, & What Do You Meme? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

7/16 Cheering, Venting, & What Do You Meme?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: 7/16 Cheering, Venting, & What Do You Meme?

Postby SpecialFNK » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:25 pm

Carlos Quentin was in the lineup for tonight's Padres game, but was scratched from that start. could be injury related, but he's also been mentioned in trade talks. waiting.
SpecialFNK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy Expert
Posts: 5002
(Past Year: 81)
Joined: 21 Mar 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 7/16 Cheering, Venting, & What Do You Meme?

Postby wazzeus » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:26 pm

bigh0rt wrote:My friend is txting me that Bautista broke something? I saw a highlight of him sliding into home earlier... what gives? anybody? anybody??


Twitter is atwitt about Bautista injuring his left wrist while hitting a 400-foot foul ball. General consensus is that it looked serious, which given the source means he'll probably be back in there tomorrow.
wazzeus
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 535
Joined: 2 Apr 2008
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 7/16 Cheering, Venting, & What Do You Meme?

Postby daullaz » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:36 pm

Aaron Cook now has a 3.34 ERA and a 1.08 WHIP in 29.2 innings ...

AND TWO STRIKEOUTS! 8-o
Image
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

User avatar
EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 4884
(Past Year: 56)
Joined: 17 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Babel

Re: 7/16 Cheering, Venting, & What Do You Meme?

Postby kab21 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:41 pm

I lost Votto today but survived the Not So Magic Santana start. No W today though.

Does anybody think Robertson will eventually take over as closer? Mo will probably be back next year and Soriano will be back for one more year. I hate speculating on future closer jobs but Robertson is really, really good. I'm not going anywhere this year in my dynasty league (24 tms) and I can swap nathan for him (and a lesser prospect).
kab21
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
Posts: 5339
(Past Year: 171)
Joined: 24 Nov 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 7/16 Cheering, Venting, & What Do You Meme?

Postby SpecialFNK » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:44 pm

kab21 wrote:I lost Votto today but survived the Not So Magic Santana start. No W today though.

Does anybody think Robertson will eventually take over as closer? Mo will probably be back next year and Soriano will be back for one more year. I hate speculating on future closer jobs but Robertson is really, really good. I'm not going anywhere this year in my dynasty league (24 tms) and I can swap nathan for him (and a lesser prospect).


I can't see Soriano being removed this season for Robertson. I don't know specific numbers since he's taken over the closers role, but I see 22 saves with 1 blown save. no reason to remove him from that role.
SpecialFNK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy Expert
Posts: 5002
(Past Year: 81)
Joined: 21 Mar 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 7/16 Cheering, Venting, & What Do You Meme?

Postby wazzeus » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:48 pm

And now David Ortiz is hurt. Limped around the bases after Adrian Gonzalez's homer.

Black Monday?
wazzeus
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 535
Joined: 2 Apr 2008
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 7/16 Cheering, Venting, & What Do You Meme?

Postby wazzeus » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:52 pm

Assuming Bautista misses significant time, I'd think Travis Snider or Anthony Gose will soon be on his way to Toronto.
wazzeus
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 535
Joined: 2 Apr 2008
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 7/16 Cheering, Venting, & What Do You Meme?

Postby kab21 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:57 pm

SpecialFNK wrote:
I can't see Soriano being removed this season for Robertson. I don't know specific numbers since he's taken over the closers role, but I see 22 saves with 1 blown save. no reason to remove him from that role.


Not talking about this year (or even next). Just wondering if Yankees see him as a future closer or if they will make a move bring in a guy.
kab21
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
Posts: 5339
(Past Year: 171)
Joined: 24 Nov 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 7/16 Cheering, Venting, & What Do You Meme?

Postby bigh0rt » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:00 pm

kab21 wrote:
SpecialFNK wrote:
I can't see Soriano being removed this season for Robertson. I don't know specific numbers since he's taken over the closers role, but I see 22 saves with 1 blown save. no reason to remove him from that role.


Not talking about this year (or even next). Just wondering if Yankees see him as a future closer or if they will make a move bring in a guy.
He's been considered the heir to Mo for I'd say a year now, and I imagine that's going to continue to be the belief; though you never know if they'll drop coin on some big FA reliever when Mo hangs 'em up.
Image
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 24818
(Past Year: 354)
Joined: 3 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Crowding The Plate

Re: 7/16 Cheering, Venting, & What Do You Meme?

Postby SpecialFNK » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:22 pm

Gregor Chisholm ‏@gregorMLB
No break, tendon issue for Bautista. #BlueJays


Updated: Jose Bautista (wrist) didn't suffer a break or tendon injury. He'll have an MRI Tuesday. (RotoInfo.com) (07/16


no word yet on why Quentin was scratched.
SpecialFNK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy Expert
Posts: 5002
(Past Year: 81)
Joined: 21 Mar 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Friday, Sep. 19
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

LA Dodgers at Chi Cubs
(2:20 pm)
Boston at Baltimore
(7:05 pm)
Toronto at NY Yankees
(7:05 pm)
Milwaukee at Pittsburgh
(7:05 pm)
Washington at Miami
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Chi White Sox at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
NY Mets at Atlanta
(7:35 pm)
Cleveland at Minnesota
(8:10 pm)
Detroit at Kansas City
(8:10 pm)
Seattle at Houston
(8:10 pm)
Arizona at Colorado
(8:10 pm)
Cincinnati at St. Louis
(8:15 pm)
Philadelphia at Oakland
(9:35 pm)
Texas at LA Angels
(10:05 pm)
San Francisco at San Diego
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact