7/16 Cheering, Venting, & What Do You Meme? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

7/16 Cheering, Venting, & What Do You Meme?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

7/16 Cheering, Venting, & What Do You Meme?

Postby bigh0rt » Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:00 pm

Well, I'm not so laid up anymore, so with less time spent in the recliner, and more spent trying to be a productive citizen, this may get more sporadic... Given that it's 3:00 pm, I assume nobody else is jumping in. General rule, if I haven't thrown something up by noon EST, have at it. I won't be offended, heh. Today you get to see me totally mail this in... meme city. Ctrl-C, Ctrl-V.

Today's Matchups:

LAA: Santana (4-9, 5.75 ERA)
DET: Porcello (6-5, 4.47 ERA)

ARI: Miley (9-5, 3.04 ERA)
CIN: Arroyo (4-5, 3.73 ERA)

TOR: Alvarez (5-7, 4.36 ERA)
NYY: Hughes (9-7, 4.33 ERA)

WSH: Jackson (5-4, 3.73 ERA)
MIA: Zambrano (4-7, 4.20 ERA)

CHW: Axelrod (1-2, 6.16 ERA)
BOS: Cook (2-2, 4.37 ERA)

STL: Lynn (11-4, 3.41 ERA)
MIL: Fiers (3-3, 2.31 ERA)

CLE: McAllister (3-1, 3.40 ERA)
TB: Cobb (4-5, 4.89 ERA)

PIT: Karstens (2-2, 3.94 ERA)
COL: Francis (2-2, 5.19 ERA)

SEA: Vargas (8-7, 4.07 ERA)
KC: Sanchez (1-5, 6.75 ERA)

HOU: Happ (6-9, 5.14 ERA)
SD: Wells (1-2, 2.50 ERA)

BAL: Tillman (1-0, 0.00 ERA)
MIN: Diamond (7-3, 2.62 ERA)

PHI: Blanton (7-8, 4.98 ERA)
LAD: Eovaldi (1-5, 4.21 ERA)
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 301)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 7/16 Cheering, Venting, & What Do You Meme?

Postby bigh0rt » Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:33 pm

bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby rotoquest » Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:42 pm

m16a wrote:Yahoo reporting that Crawford gets activated today. What are people's thoughts on him from here on out? He was supposed to be part of my unstoppable outfield I've got going. Does he rebound this season?

Given that he is going to have to get tommy john surgery sometime later this year, I ain't buying.

Rotoworld:
Carl Crawford will be activated from the disabled list Monday, barring something unforeseen.
Crawford texted manager Red Sox Bobby Valentine Sunday afternoon and said he'd be in Boston ready to play Monday. "I'm not expecting any immediate impact," said Valentine. To make room for Crawford, the Red Sox will either demote Daniel Nava or place Ryan Sweeney (sore hamstring) on the disabled list. Crawford will eventually need Tommy John surgery on his elbow, but he'll try to play through it for the rest of the season.
rotoquest
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 194)

Postby Skin Blues » Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:14 pm

He won't be having TJ until after the season, if at all. A UCL injury doesn't mean you can't throw, it just means that you can't throw as hard. And it doesn't affect hitting. Albert Pujols has been palying with a partially torn UCL for almost 10 years and hasn't needed surgery. In Crawford's case I'd be more concerned about how much he sucked last year, the wrist/groin injuries, and the fact that he hasn't played baseball in 10 months than I would be about his elbow.
Skin Blues
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 109)

Postby bigh0rt » Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:53 pm

So I hit the panic button and picked up Chris Tillman for his start today with the news of Greinke being pushed back and some not so favorable matchups slated for later this week... Hopefully his FB sits above 94 MPH tonight like it did in his first start and the Twins' offense is as bad as it can be... :-o
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:08 pm

bigh0rt wrote:So I hit the panic button and picked up Chris Tillman for his start today with the news of Greinke being pushed back and some not so favorable matchups slated for later this week... Hopefully his FB sits above 94 MPH tonight like it did in his first start and the Twins' offense is as bad as it can be... :-o

It's risky, but I think it could end up paying off. Keep in mind, he was a huge prospect at one point, as he's immensely talented. There's a lot of upside there.

2011 Live Free or DyNasty Champ
A Fleshner Fantasy
Wicked Wikitect
Wicked Wikitect

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 31)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby bigh0rt » Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:18 pm

A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:So I hit the panic button and picked up Chris Tillman for his start today with the news of Greinke being pushed back and some not so favorable matchups slated for later this week... Hopefully his FB sits above 94 MPH tonight like it did in his first start and the Twins' offense is as bad as it can be... :-o

It's risky, but I think it could end up paying off. Keep in mind, he was a huge prospect at one point, as he's immensely talented. There's a lot of upside there.
Yeah, I just only have 5 starts left for the week, and I'm in a H2H matchup for first place, with my pitchers being just awful so far this week (Santana, Latos, Hudson, Kennedy, Greinke... :-P). Best case scenario, I've got a guy I can start for the next 5 or so weeks. He'll have to be pretty unbelievable for me to trot him out there vs the Yankees, Rays, or a healthy Red Sox. Bleh.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby bigh0rt » Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:33 pm

Beltran and Berkman both sitting for StL tonight...
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby bigh0rt » Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:08 pm

Starting Beltran in case he gets a pinch hit, leaving Berkman on my bench. Odds Puma belts a homer just skyrocketed. You've been warned.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers