Worth dealing Kemp? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Worth dealing Kemp?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Worth dealing Kemp?

Postby CubsFan4Life23 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 7:19 pm

A manager wants Kemp and has given me an option of players to choose from...Very Generous pool of players, but its a keeper league...details below:

so for MY Kemp and Jones, which two would be worth it?

Cano, Kershaw, Wright, Trumbo, Hanley and Choo...Hard to choose, but not sure if I should be dealing Kemp or not. Thanks for any help that is provided.

C- Posey*
1B - Miggy*
2B - Kipnis*
SS - Andrus
3B - Prado
OF - Kemp*
OF - Braun*
OF - AJones*
U - Pence
U - Rizzo*
Bench - Ploufee
Bench - Bonifacio

Felix*/Bumgarner*/Hughes/ Fiers/Marcum/Dempster/Halladay
Clippard/Papelbon/Kimbrel/Jansseen
CubsFan4Life23
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 159)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Worth dealing Kemp?

Postby AroundTheFur922 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:45 pm

I see no reason to deal Kemp if I were you. Cano is an elite 2B but Kipnis has shown himself to be rather talented himself thus far. Your pitching is solid as-is so, as nice an addition as Kershaw would be to anyone's rotation, it's unnecessary in your case. I would suggest passing on this offer, unless you can convince the opposing manager to give you 3 of these players for your 2.
AroundTheFur922
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby CubsFan4Life23 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:52 pm

Well he actually proposed me Wright, Cano and Kershaw for Kipnis, Jones and Kemp...

Two problems arise here...With my team, I have the options now to keeping many players, that option only gets worse by adding all three of these players...though it could help me win this year for sure, and Cano and Wright are 30 or soon to be, Kemp is only 28. Jones and Kipnis are younger as well...

Problem number two is I am the commish of the league and something about the trade seems lopsided in the end, like I am really screwing this guy, even though he proposed the deal.

With all that said, is it still worth it and fair for me to take this offer?
CubsFan4Life23
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 159)

Postby Quackman » Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:16 pm

CubsFan4Life23 wrote:Well he actually proposed me Wright, Cano and Kershaw for Kipnis, Jones and Kemp...

Two problems arise here...With my team, I have the options now to keeping many players, that option only gets worse by adding all three of these players...though it could help me win this year for sure, and Cano and Wright are 30 or soon to be, Kemp is only 28. Jones and Kipnis are younger as well...

Problem number two is I am the commish of the league and something about the trade seems lopsided in the end, like I am really screwing this guy, even though he proposed the deal.

With all that said, is it still worth it and fair for me to take this offer?

I would say he is trying to screw you,,,not vis versa. Kipnis is great 5stat guy. I'd value cano higher but not by that much. I'd take kemp over wright and jones over kershaw all day.
Quackman
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 64)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions