why am I doing so bad? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

why am I doing so bad?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

why am I doing so bad?

Postby Adelais » Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:40 am

Hey everyone! I'll offer the best advice I can in exchange for your advice. I won't say my advice is the best but I will offer my honest opinion!

So I'm in a Yahoo "Pro" league so this is very important to win me some money . It's a 12-team H2H standard categories. Non-keeper (thought that'd be obvious cuz it's yahoo pro but...) and very competitive. I'm in 7th place, 14.5 games out and 1.5 behind 1st place with this current team. I'm thinking about trading Trout for a power guy (maybe Target Bautista, we'll see). I've been told to stay put though by some other advisors of mine - lol - but I don't know. This isn't cutting it...I'm sorry this is sort of a broad trade question.

My roster:

C: Arencibia
1B: Goldschmidt
2B: Zobrist
3B: Freese
SS: HanRam
OF: Trout
OF: AGonz
OF: Kemp
Util: Aoki
Util: Colvin
BN: Garrett Jones
BN: Pedroia
DL: Tulo

SP: Greinke
SP: Felix RP: Betancourt
RP: Frieri
P: Lincecum
P: Parnell
P: Furbush
P: Hanson
P: Moore
BN: Bauer
BN: Hellickson

Notable FAs: Hosmer, Middlebrooks, Crawford, Kelly Johnson, Ross, Diamond, Romo, Quintana, Capps, Reed, Marmol
Eo
What do you think I Should do?
Last edited by Adelais on Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Adelais
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: why am I doing so bad?

Postby Quackman » Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:22 pm

drop furbush and garret jones. Id pick up marmol for saves. Then i think id grab middlebrooks. Hosmer or Crawford might be good option to stash if you dont like middlebrooks. Personally i wouldnt keep Moore either.

Personally theres no chance id trade trout. Kemp wont get alot of SB so getting rid of trout pretty much would forfeit sb every week with your team. With kemp back you have a pretty balanced looking offense.
Quackman
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 64)

Postby OBPlover » Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:55 pm

Well to answer your first question - you are doing poorly because of injuries but that's fantasy baseball. Tulo and Pedroia are two first round type picks that have been a disaster. Kemp got injured as well.

I don't see how you ended up with both Hanram and Tulo and both Pedroia and Zobrist. It seemed like you kind of wasted some early round picks to overload on premium positions.
That couldn't have helped either.

Still Pedroia's coming abck soon and he's still got a brand name and an excuse that his season was injury plagued. I'd recommend packaging him and Tyler Colvin for a Bona fide every day slugger to put in at Utility for a team weak at 2B.
OBPlover
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 118)

Postby Adelais » Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:11 pm

Yeah I had Hosmer drafted as a hopeful awesome 1B with some pop and speed (I was trying to go for those type of players all over the board, hence HanRam, Pedroia, Zobrist, Kemp, Harper (traded him and another player for Agonz and Felix), Trout (picked him up). To answer your query, despite the league being pretty darn competitive (at least for the top 8 teams), someone dropped Tulo after he had his setback. I pounced and yeah...

I'll try and trade how you suggested. Like I said, I've been told to just stay put and when everyone is doing what they're supposed to do, everything will be alright.
Adelais
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team