Hernandez and Jeter for Dunn and Burnett? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Hernandez and Jeter for Dunn and Burnett?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Hernandez and Jeter for Dunn and Burnett?

Postby millican11 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:07 am

Hello everyone. I am looking for some advice on a trade offer that has been sent my way and found this site via Google. I've only been on the site for 10 minutes or so and am loving it already. I have complete trust that I will get good advice from everyone and I promise to do my best in replying to others as well. Here is the trade info ...

Players Offered:
Felix Hernandez (SP)
Derek Jeter (SS)

Players Requested in Return:
Adam Dunn (1B, OF)
A.J. Burnett (SP)

> I am in a 12 team mixed keeper league (we keep 2 players at end of season) and am currently in 1st place (5 games up). One of my biggest weaknesses is starting pitching. To help you give the best advice, I am posting my starting lineups as of today:

(C) Y. Molina
(1B) Pujols
(2B) J. Altuve
(3B) Aramis Ramirez
(SS) Mike Aviles
(OF) M. Holliday
(OF) Alex Rios
(OF) Matt Kemp
(UTIL) Adam Dunn

(SP) Justin Verlander
(SP) AJ Burnett
(RP) Alfredo Aceves
(RP) JJ Putz
(P) Jon Lester
(P) Jarrod Parker
(P) Brett Myers

> The manager is requesting my biggest power hitter and 2nd best SP. In return, I get a solid SP and an upgrade at SS. I also have Jason Kubel, Bryce Harper, and Emilio Bonifacio on my bench. As far as pitchers go, I have Wandy Rodriguez, Josh Beckett, and Trevor Bauer on the bench.

> Should I accept the offer or not? If not, should I make a counter offer including only Dunn and Hernandez or is Dunn even on the same level as Hernandez? Adding Hernandez will greatly benefit my starting rotation, but it'll cost me serious pop at the plate. What y'all think? Thanks in advance.
millican11
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Hernandez and Jeter for Dunn and Burnett?

Postby MaudDib » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:55 am

Love the deal. While you might not win it, I don't think you will lose it either. Very much like Felix more than Burnett and you upgrading Aviles with Jeter. Good move for your team.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 281)

Re: Hernandez and Jeter for Dunn and Burnett?

Postby millican11 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:42 am

Thank you to everyone who replied, your advice and opinions are greatly appreciated. I am here to report that I ACCEPTED the trade offer and it just became official for both teams. Two managers voted "no" on the deal, but it passed and King Felix and Jeter are now on my team. I'm comfortable with the move and hope my new acquisitions benefit my team greatly. Thanks again. God bless you all.
millican11
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions