2012 CLOSERS THREAD (2nd HALF) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

2012 CLOSERS THREAD (2nd HALF)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: 2012 CLOSERS THREAD (2nd HALF)

Postby SpecialFNK » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:20 pm

Reds manager Dusty Baker said Jonathan Broxton is his "No. 1 candidate" to close while Aroldis Chapman (shoulder) is resting, but he'll also look at matchups.
Broxton closed out the Reds' win Tuesday and is the guy in Cincy to own for saves until Chapman is ready. Sean Marshall is worth owning in deeper leagues. "[Broxton] is the No. 1 candidate. But it's matchups, too," Baker said. "If they have three lefties, it could be Marshall. It could be Broxton, it could be [Jose] Arredondo, it could be [J.J.] Hoover. Broxton is the No. 1 choice. We try to limit Broxton to two days in a row, too."

I picked up both Broxton and Marshall. but both have pitched in the last 2 games, Hoover coming in for the save tonight.
SpecialFNK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 73)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby juliown1028 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:47 pm

I know there really hasn't been much action here for a while now, but for those looking for a save or two to help win their H2H matchups:

Parnell will serve as the Mets' closer for the rest of this season, ESPN.com's Adam Rubin reports.

Recommendation: With Frank Francisco's season all but over, Parnell will get a chance to pitch the ninth inning the rest of the way. The Mets have just six more games on the schedule this season, but Parnell could provide an extra save or two for those still fighting for points in that category.
"Chuck Norris has been known to throw a baseball 100 mph. I've been known to throw Chuck Norris 100 mph." - Brian Wilson
juliown1028
College Coach
College Coach

Postby SpecialFNK » Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:32 am

WTF is going on in LA?! why is Kenley Jansen not closing anymore? he's been back to game action and good to go since his heart issue. FME Mattingly, HE is your closer!
SpecialFNK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby GiantsFan14 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:01 am

SpecialFNK wrote:WTF is going on in LA?! why is Kenley Jansen not closing anymore? he's been back to game action and good to go since his heart issue. FME Mattingly, HE is your closer!

he hasn't been closing since he came back.
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 427)

Postby SpecialFNK » Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:07 am

I know and I hate it!

I'm battling for 1st place. both me and the guy in 2nd place are close in saves. with RP/RP/P/P/P I've been using Janssen/Motte/Balfour/Downs/and Jansen. if Jansen wont be closing I might as well grab a maybe reliever off waivers hoping to pick up a save in the final 2 games.
there were 3 non closers pick up saves tonight with Aumont, Hughes, and Wright. ugh.
SpecialFNK
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby BitterDodgerFan » Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:20 am

who's getting the save opp for NYM should one arise today?
BitterDodgerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby jackie hayes » Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:47 am

BitterDodgerFan wrote:who's getting the save opp for NYM should one arise today?

It's been Parnell for the last week or so. Unless I missed something, I'd assume he's still the guy.
jackie hayes
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 65)

Postby GiantsFan14 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:52 pm

jackie hayes wrote:
BitterDodgerFan wrote:who's getting the save opp for NYM should one arise today?

It's been Parnell for the last week or so. Unless I missed something, I'd assume he's still the guy.

Parnell through 2 innings and 25 pitches last night, they might night want to use him again. I could see Rauch getting an opp but I don't follow the Mets.
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 427)

Postby jackie hayes » Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:28 pm

GiantsFan14 wrote:
jackie hayes wrote:

Parnell through 2 innings and 25 pitches last night, they might night want to use him again. I could see Rauch getting an opp but I don't follow the Mets.

You're right, I forgot about that. Thanks for the hu.
jackie hayes
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 65)

Postby Sticky Spice » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:10 am

If Brian Wilson is not coming back in SF, what does that mean? Will they sign a guy or give the job to Romo?
“Most men lead lives of quiet desperation and go to the grave with the song still in them.” --Henry David Thoreau
Sticky Spice
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 39)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers