Trade Hamels/Dunn/Zobrist/Duda for Stanton/Lewis/Saunders ?? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Trade Hamels/Dunn/Zobrist/Duda for Stanton/Lewis/Saunders ??

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Trade Hamels/Dunn/Zobrist/Duda for Stanton/Lewis/Saunders ??

Postby mm92280 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:48 pm

In my 20 team H2H keeper league, I've been working and trying to strike a trade for Gincarlo Stanton from a particular owner, as well as a couple of other guys to fill holes on my team. I figured Stanton would obviously give me great production for my playoff run (once he comes from his knee surgery) and would also be a great keeper for next season, as he's basically a top 20 player already when healthy. The particular owner, though, has asked me for a pretty steep price: my Cole Hamels, Adam Dunn, Ben Zobrist and Lucas Duda for his Stanton, Colby Lewis and Michael Saunders. The sticking points for me are Zobrist and Saunders. He wants Zobrist because he has a bit of a hole at 2nd base and Zobrist has finally started hitting and would help him fill that hole nicely. However, it would also leave me scrambling to my free agent pool for a replacement 2nd baseman and I would likely end up with someone like Jose Lopez, Jordany Valdespin or Luis Valbuena starting for me at 2nd. I also don't like Michael Saunders, as he really isn't all that good and I'm already overstocked with outfielders, so he would never ever play for me. So, I'm leaning towards rejecting it and seeing if I can come up with another offer. I just think if I include Zobrist in a deal, then I'm creating a black hole at 2nd base that I won't be able to fill and would seriously hurt my chances in the playoffs (I'm assuming I still make the playoffs and Stanton comes back healthy, of course) What do you guys think? Is declining it and trying a counter the correct move?

For what its worth, I had originally offered him Cole Hamels, Adam Dunn, Lucas Duda and JD Martinez for his Stanton, Colby Lewis and David Robertson. Stanton would have been the centerpiece but I wanted Lewis to help cushion the loss of Hamels (Lewis is pretty solid when healthy) and I wanted Robertson because holds count in my league. I thought it was a pretty decent offer but he rejected it and countered with the above offer.

Just FYI, in my league we count: AVG, R, HR, RBI, SB, OPS and AST for positional players and W, ERA, WHIP, K, CG, SV, and HLDs for pitchers.

My team as it currently stands:

C: C. Santana (C, 1B)
1B: A. Dunn (1B)
2B: B. Zobrist (2B, RF)
SS: E. Johnson (SS)
3B: W. Middlebrooks (3B)
LF: C. Gonzalez (LF, CF, RF)
CF: Y. Cespedes (LF, CF)
RF: L. Duda (RF, 1B)
Util: K. Youkilis (3B, 1B)
Util: B. Revere (CF, RF)
Bn: E. Hosmer (1B)
Bn: A. Gordon (LF)
Bn: JD Martinez (LF)
Bn: L. Cain (LF)
Bn: W. Myers (RF)

SP: C. Hamels
SP: G. Gonzalez
SP: J. McDonald
SP: AJ Burnett
SP: L. Hochevar
SP: A. Cashner - DL
RP: S. Casilla
RP: A. Reed
RP: D. Storen - DL

Thanks!
mm92280
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Trade Hamels/Dunn/Zobrist/Duda for Stanton/Lewis/Saunder

Postby WaCougMBS » Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:32 pm

Too steep a price for sure IMO. I don't even know if I like your initial proposal, but at least it didn't have you losing Zobrist and getting crap like Saunders back. I would keep holding out, and if you really want him maybe try to consolidate the deal like Hamels/bat for Stanton in a 2-for-1. Don't go overboard to acquire the risk, and obviously shiny power potential, of Stanton ;-)
2012 H2HWS West A champion
WaCougMBS
Radio Pimp
Radio Pimp

Radio PimpEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafecasterFootball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Trade Hamels/Dunn/Zobrist/Duda for Stanton/Lewis/Saunder

Postby MaudDib » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:58 am

How many guys do you keep in this league and are you in a position to win this year? If Hamels/Stanton are the only guys who are locks to be keepers for next year then I might do the deal but if all of these guys are keepers then you are overpaying for Stanton.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 380)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions