Trading Mike Trout - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Trading Mike Trout

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Trading Mike Trout

Postby prguy1979 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:45 pm

In a 14 team roto keeper league....100 budget....that requieres you to have:
2 catchers, 1 of each 1st, 2nd, 3rd, SS, CI, and MI, 4 OF, 2 UT(any position), 5 SP, 3 RP, 2 Swingmen (any pitcher)

categories are:

BA, BB, R, RBI, SB, SLG, ERA, HD(Holds), K, S, W, WHIP

All players go up in value the next season by $2 and we can keep up to 11 guys.

In currently in 5th place with 101.50 points, team ahead of me have 103.5, 105.5, 122.5 and 131 pts. Im in the bottom 3rd in pitching and in 3rd place in hitting.

My team is Napoli, M. Montero, Fielder, Daniel Murphy, Wright, Castro, Rollins, Sandoval, Jay Bruce, Trout, BJ Upton, Nelson Cruz, Omar Infante, Denard Span, Matt Garza, Lincecum, Davind Price, Chris Sale, Gavin Flyod, Farnsworth, Nathan, Mike Adams, Marmol. My Bench is Chris Johnson, Hafner, David Murphy, Lilly, Hector Santiago, and Joel Peralta.

I have been offered Clayton Kershaw 8.5, Cliff Lee 8.9, Tom Wilhelmsen .5 and Drew Stubbs 4.6 for Trout, Marmol, Farnsworth and Lincecum.

Question is is that enough to get me into 1st place for Trout, whom is by far the best keeper in the entire league at his salary, or should i just hold on to my team as it stands, i do like my team as it sits right now alot but could use the pitching. The team thats wants Trout also has Shane Victorino at $6 but its a bit harder to add him to the deal becuase of salary ristrictions.

Im torn on this decision.
16 team mix BA R RBI BB SB SLG ERA W K HD S Whip
C /Castro
1/3/CI Donaldson/Wright/Votto
2/SS/MI
OF Jones/Brantly/Trout
DH
P Sale/Wanwrigth/Wheeler
prguy1979
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Trading Mike Trout

Postby MiaBraves » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:05 pm

Because Trout can do it all Double digit HR.s leading the league in steals and hitting Lead off for the Angels and don't forget 20 years old LOl Na don't trade him and Lincy only 28 he did not win 2 Cy young's by luck not sure what the problem is but Na Pass
I am seeing Trout as one of the every Great once in while Players that comes along

just my 2 cents
MiaBraves
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby AroundTheFur922 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:33 pm

MiaBraves is correct in that Trout is a once-in-a-generation player (at least it appears that way so far), but the term "Flags Fly Forever" is applicable here. If you have faith that the rest of your offense can hold pace without Trout, and the addition of Kershaw and Lee could drastically improve your 3rd-from-last pitching, I might go for it. You run the risk of jeopardizing your future, but if you have the ability to win your league this year, it may be a gamble worth looking into.
AroundTheFur922
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby sodomojo » Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:20 pm

I'd pass, as others have said Trout will be very valuable in this league. Find some other potential deal to upgrade your pitching, you don't have to try and do it all in a single trade or give up Trout in the process.
sodomojo
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions