Is this offer a no brainier?!?! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Is this offer a no brainier?!?!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Is this offer a no brainier?!?!

Postby HoneyNutIchiros11 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:56 pm

argh33 wrote:Cargo for sure. I think Tim will bounce back from August to September, keep him on the bench till he proves it

Help...
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=450583

What do you think of either of my counter offers? Good, bad or stupid to try?
HoneyNutIchiros11
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby argh33 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:31 pm

in your trade scenario he gets:
Rasmus, strasburg, shields, axford...
you want:
Cargo, lincecum, papelbon, and greinke...

I highly doubt he goes for that. He wanted wainwright and holliday. in your trade he gets neither one.
how about... take cargo, lincecum, greinke, papelbon. give him holliday, wainwright, rasmus and axford. i would milk strasburg as much as possible at this point. Or trade him straight up for someone. Your new and improved OF will then be Braun, CarGo, and Kemp. They're all fantasy studs. I dont really like the mixing of the closers in there, haha. he is probably very high on papelbon which might kill that deal. so maybe:
CarGo, lincecum, Greinke for Holliday,Wainwright and Rasmus. just keep axford, he complicates the trade. Basically he is trying to dump lincecum, make him pay by throwing in greinke. you sell high on rasmus he sells low on linceum, so the trade should be in your favor.
argh33
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby HoneyNutIchiros11 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:39 pm

Haha yeah I figured it was a stretch, I actually like yours much better, only thing is I'd like to do everything I can to keep wainwright. Do I have any other pitcher that could be reasonably switched out to keep the deal even? Not sure on what his value is like in comparison to others :-{
HoneyNutIchiros11
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Quackman » Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:05 pm

HoneyNutIchiros11 wrote:I rejected it but left a message saying that I'm still thinking about it and if there was any other ideas for a trade then fire away.

I'm still hesitant to give up wainwright and I'd much rather trade someone else first. If I offer shields instead of wainwright would I be giving up more than if I were to take the original offer?

The lesson here is dont ask advice from the cafe. Im shocked people told you this was close and that led you to reject it. they are saying its close becuase wainwright MIGHT have a good 2nd half?,,,oh please. Cargo is a top player and pitching stats are the easiest to replace. Bats are worth more than pitching in a standard league, You can stream a couple good matchups and replace what wainwright will give you. Even if wainwright had a steller year this year (and he has been far from that),,,it still wouldnt be close. You made a big mistake.
Quackman
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 64)

Postby argh33 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:20 pm

You can replace wainwright with lohse... But I'm just not buying wainwright being a sub 3.00 era guy, Which lohse is. I think lohse is to good to give up, shields is too bad that the owner won't accept the trade, wainwright is in the middle with potential.
So I think wainwright is the one who gets to go unless you get crafty with a trade so...

CarGo, Greinke, lincecum, Papelbon.

Holliday, Lohse, Rasmus, shields, Bell
Or
Holliday, Strasburg, shields, Bell

Don't sell yourself short on lohse and Strasburg, I'm guessing those two have been good to you. They hold good value. Well, those are some options of you want to keep wainwright. I probably wouldn't, haha.
argh33
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby HoneyNutIchiros11 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:23 pm

Perfect, thanks for the help everyone!
HoneyNutIchiros11
College Coach
College Coach

Previous