Beltran for Vogelsong? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Beltran for Vogelsong?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Beltran for Vogelsong?

Postby angelsfan555 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:32 pm

My roster: http://s1067.photobucket.com/albums/u431/pskrumbis/?action=view&current=Picture11.png

I'm looking to sell Beltran high for some starting pitching. It's a 10 team yahoo h2h league. 8 hitting (H, R, SB, K, HR, RBI, AVG, OPS) and 8 pitching (W, L, SV, K, ERA, K/BB, WHIP, QS). I'm currently in a tie for 3rd, but first place has a 24 game lead on me and the last playoff team is only 9 games behind me. No one near the top 8 is looking to make major moves because they don't want to jeopardize their playoff chances by making a bad deal. The 9th place team has the following starters:

Lester, Neise, Hanson, Ubaldo, Holland, Weaver, Jurrjens, Milone, Vogelsong.

Are any of them other than weaver good enough for a direct swap with Beltran? I've already asked about Weaver and he said he wouldn't trade him. Was thinking Vogelsong is my best second option. Is it to conservative to sell that high on Beltran or should i look for a better offer? If I stand pat I'm a little concerned about a lack of pitching if Lee can't figure it out and Johan falls off the pace he set.

Will help in return
angelsfan555
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Beltran for Vogelsong?

Postby Ol' Uncle Munnerlyn » Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:15 pm

I don't think Vogelsong for Beltran would be a fair swap for you. Vogelsong is a good SP, yes, but doesn't do a ton, aside from his great ERA. I think of you could get him to add in another one of his pitchers (Lester or Milone?) you might be getting a fair shake. I might shop him around a little bit, if I were you. Beltran has been nothing short of fantastic this season, and there'll surely be many people interested in him.
Ol' Uncle Munnerlyn
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby angelsfan555 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:21 pm

I thought so too, but it seems as though very few people have enough faith in him to continue this performance to offer up significant starting pitching in return. Could offer ethier instead of Beltran, but not sure he'll be as interested.
angelsfan555
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby angelsfan555 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:38 pm

he said i'd have to blow him away with an amazing offer for weaver, he suggested (not offered, but suggested as a starting point) something like beltran, johan/lee/felix and mccann for weaver and posey? Sounds sort of steep to me, but I might be over thinking it
angelsfan555
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby TitsMcGahee » Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:24 pm

Can you get Lester from him? I would take Lester > Voges for the second half. But then again you could try Cuddyer for Lester.
TitsMcGahee
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby p1nstriper » Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:35 pm

angelsfan555 wrote:he said i'd have to blow him away with an amazing offer for weaver, he suggested (not offered, but suggested as a starting point) something like beltran, johan/lee/felix and mccann for weaver and posey? Sounds sort of steep to me, but I might be over thinking it

I think you should send an offer over of Beltran, Johan and McCann for Weaver and Posey if thats what he said. Thats a good deal for you, but don't cave in and include Felix or Lee. Having a big 3 of Felix, Weaver, and Lee would definitely be worth giving up Beltran and Johan. I don't think there will be much of a difference between Posey and McCann throughout the 2nd half
p1nstriper
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions