Drama because of Trade - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Drama because of Trade

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Drama because of Trade

Postby thesticks23 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:40 pm

anyway, personally i dont think adrain gonzalez is a good fit for my team and i would not want to keep him either. I want to go into next draft with 5 players for $5 dollars each i want the maximum amount of keepers for the minimum price so i can then spend freely on whoever i want. Ian desmond is also only playing in his third year.. how many years did it take before jose bautista blew up? Curtis Granderson? Roy halladay? roy Halladay came into the league in 1998, he was not dominant until 2002.. 4 years later Jose bautista came into the league in 2006, he wasnt good till 2009, curtis granderson came into the league in 2005, he was not dominant until 2007.. so it takes between 2-4 years for players to truly prosper.. And when did you become the voice of reason for who will be good and who wont? man i feel like im getting gang rapped on the veto board, now i am getting followed to my private posts and getting it in the butt again.
thesticks23
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 10)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Daredevils » Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:42 pm

thesticks23 wrote:i sort of feel stalked now

Lmao lol no worries. All i'm trying to do is help you out man. I think you can do better than Desmond he should have accept it the first offer which was Johan Santana and Desmond and no one would have had nothing to say or he could have given you Adrain Gonzo and Desmond for Fielder but he did say as soon as he gets Fielder he will trade Gonzalez for a good Pitcher which i believe is crap but to each its own. If i knew you were looking to trade Fielder that cheap i would have given you Adam Jones which is only $2 keeper. Just saying don't give good players for a chance if you want to take a chance so badly pick up player from the waiver who are coming out of the minors this coming year.

I.E. SS Manny machado from Orioles or Hak Ju Lee Rays who are schedule to start next year and are doing good in minors

Or Pitchers like Gerrit Cole or Jacob Turner who should see play this year

Or other positions like 1b Matt Adams, 3b Nolan Arenado, OF Brett Jackson or Starling Marte

this is to neame a few
Daredevils
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Daredevils » Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:47 pm

Don't worry i won't keep posting anything else to bother i figure i give you an insight of what everyone else thinks we don't doubt that it could work what we are saying is that a one for one trade sucks. I'm out i won't post again see ya man no hard feelings i just wanted to make sure you don't get pushed for a trade that might suck for you. Was trying to look out for you not hurt you
Daredevils
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby WhipperSnappers44 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:52 pm

I am going to post one last time since I see where this s going and it might not be helping all these posts (since they are trying to help but it some could take it as ganging up).....

1st off I am assuming Daredevils is in your league as well? I commend him as he said it best...he is trying to help out a fellow leaguer and I applaud him for doing so....most league should be like that (but aren't)....most people are in it for the money and winning and that's not what it's about....it's about having fun and having friends and a fantasy family so.....(and about winning too but....lol)

Here is how it is in a nut shell......you want all these $5 (or less guys) who are banging it out in the 1st half right? Who have been around for a couple of years and who are hot right now and you think they are going to be AllStars for the next several years. I don't doubt what you are trying to do and I think it's great (spend a few bucks on your keepers so you'll have a couple hundred to make moves next year instead of being broke and having no wiggle room) however.....people don't look at it from that point of view.....they look at it that Desmond has been hurt and playing like crap for the last couple years and now he is just getting lucky (that's how people see it) and they see Prince with the $40+ price tag and the name and the power he brings and has been over the last so many years and says this guy is legit and we have seen it....that is why they are vetoing this trade.

What happens if Desmond sucks in this 2nd half and Fielder goes off? How will you feel about the trade then? Will you still want to keep Desmond for the $5 when you can have a legit guy for that much or cheaper? Ok.....don't want to go that road since Fantasy is about taking risks and all so....but here is the deal.....why don't you trade the guy that has Desmond for him and another guy (like a pitcher or another offensive guy)? Just to make the deal look more legit and then just keep Desmond and don't keep the other guy? If you don't think the other guy will accept then just try it...it won't hurt and it doesn't have to be an AllStar guy...just somebody to throw in to make the deal look a little more balanced? If you post the other guys roster I am sure we all could find a legit deal that the other guy still couldn't refuse for Fielder and where the league won't veto either...

Anyways...nobody here is here to gang up on you m8 but e are all here to help and give advice and give the reasons why we feel people are doing what they are doing and what people are seeing....trades are a 2 way street....don't look at it on what your getting and how you envision your team after a trade but also what the other person is getting and how it makes their team (this year and years down the road)....Good Luck friend and we are all here to help!

WhipperSnappers44!!! ;-D ;-D ;-D
WhipperSnappers44
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby thesticks23 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:01 pm

i am not mad, i guess just frustrated because i am bottom of the barrell 2 years running and i want next year to be different by doing somethign now. I appreciate your help guys. daredevils which guy in the league are you anyway?

Well the trade was vetoed, so i extended the offer again but this time asked him to throw in E. Bedard who was only $2 also, and he agreed. so now i have a chance at 2 players plus my pitching has been bad this year and maybe now i can play spoiler a little bit towards the end.

thanks again for the help daredevils and WS and all else who posted. I think this is much better anyway since i have the room for an extra player on my squad now anyway.
thesticks23
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 10)

Previous

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions