Need 2nd Half help and WHIR 100% Guaranteed! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Need 2nd Half help and WHIR 100% Guaranteed!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Need 2nd Half help and WHIR 100% Guaranteed!

Postby WhipperSnappers44 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:54 pm

Hey all....was looking at my team and I'm just not feeling it to be honest....I am currently in 2nd place but feel the need to make some moves to be in 1st place and get prepared to take this league down this year....any help with if I should make any offers and with/for who would be appreciated and as always I will help yours if needed! Txs!

12 Team H2H (non-keeper) 10 CAT league

My Team:

C - S.Perez
1B - P.Sandoval
2B - A.Hill
3B - D.Freese
SS - J.Reyes
OF - S.Choo
OF - C.Rasmus
OF - A.Gordon
Uti - M.Morse
Uti - D.Jennings
Bench - J.Kipnis
Bench - T.Colvin
Bench -(DL) - M.Kemp(currently DL but should be off soon)
DL - G.Stanton(DL - will be out 4-6 weeks)

SP: RA Dickey , H.Kuroda , AJ Burnett , T.Cahill , Y.Darvish , J.Hammel , J.Quintana
RP: R.Bentencourt , K.Jansen , B.Myers

Txs for the help everyone....would hope 1 day I could have Kemp and Stanton playing at the same time but doesn't look like that is going to happen...lol.....don't really feel having all these non-stud players on my bench if you will so looking to see what kind of moves I need to try and make/propose....txs all and please post yours for help if needed.

WhipperSnappers44!!! ;-D ;-D ;-D
WhipperSnappers44
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Need 2nd Half help and WHIR 100% Guaranteed!

Postby MadDog36 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:02 am

Kipnis is a stud.
I'd try to trade Aaron Hill for whatever you can get for him.
I'd look to upgrade at 1b.
Maybe offer Hill, Freese+Jennings for Konerko+speedy OF like IDK Gardner.
Join My Roto Keeper League:
viewtopic.php?t=466433
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 2062)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby thesticks23 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:23 am

C - S.Perez
1B - P.Sandoval
2B - A.Hill
3B - D.Freese
SS - J.Reyes
OF - S.Choo
OF - C.Rasmus
OF - A.Gordon
Uti - M.Morse
Uti - D.Jennings
Bench - J.Kipnis <-- you should be starting him over a. hill (trade a. hill for a pitcher to help the back end of your rotation)
Bench - T.Colvin
Bench -(DL) - M.Kemp(currently DL but should be off soon)
DL - G.Stanton(DL - will be out 4-6 weeks)

Help with mine please
viewtopic.php?t=450433
thesticks23
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 10)

Postby WhipperSnappers44 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:19 am

Thxs for the help and the replies....will get yours in about 1.5 secs (lol)

I know this is some constructive opinionated answers but is there justification on why both of you chose to consolidate Kipnis/Hill out of my full lineup and nobody else?

I mean I love Kipnis and think he is a stud as well and should provide great STATS in the 2nd half (if not years to come if this were a keeper league) but he has slowed down compared to the red hot Hill who is still hitting big. Kipnis has a lower average going right now a lower OBS%/SLG%/OPS% to boot....I would also like to keep both if I could just in case 1 isn't producing as well or someone gets hurt (I can always play both using my Uti slots as well) (*speaing of....the current way I have my lineup is not how I have it daily as I usually go with the hot hand, matchup, previous STATS, etc....)

As far as the 1B issue (?)....I know there are a ton of solid and better 1B out there but are you telling me that Panda sucks? I wouldn't think so and neither do his STATS to date (if not for him being hurt and on the DL I think he would be a lot higher in rankings as well)

Konerko is nice but I don't see a major upgrade over Pablo if any....and Gardner??? Are you serious? Nobody can doubt his speed in the past but this guy has had a couple AB's this season and is still cranking the DL (who knows if he might play this season...he should but I don't see much even if he does and there are 50 mil more options better then him for that Stat Cat and that pos)

Ehhhhh...thxs for the input though and I will take it into consideration but seriously doubt how any of those particular moves would help my situation and move me from 2nd place to 1st and continue that way throughout the season....txs again and good luck in your leagues respectively!

WhipperSnappers44
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby thesticks23 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:33 am

I look at kipnis's overall #'s this year and he looks like he is a more all around player then A. Hill
A. Hill to me is on a hot streak, and i do not think it will continue all year, and right now is the best time to trade him as his value will not get higher

You are going to get M. Kemp back soon also so who will you take out of your lineup then? Maybe you can put A. Hill and whichever OF you do not need anymore in a package for a Much Stronger Pitcher.

I added more to my drama trade, maybe that will clear some things up, or let me know if im nuts or not. thanks
viewtopic.php?t=450433
thesticks23
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 10)

Postby WhipperSnappers44 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:10 pm

Txs again for the advice......(I reposted on yours...gl)

I look at it this way....I would like to try and trade away a package deal involving any of these: A.Gordon/C.Rasmus/M.Morse/D.Jennings and try to play an upgrade somewhere else. I do need a better arm so I could package one I have with one of those and shoot for an upgrade? Then my depth might not be all there so what kind of SP do you think I should shoot for involving say 2 out of those 4 guys? I would like to keep Hill and Kipnis if I could so they back each other up and I could always play both since I believe Hill is not just getting lucky since he has proved what he can do in his career thus far....it's not like he just all of a sudden started whipping up the hits out of nowhere...he has always been a career hitter. (and to hit 2 cycles thus far this season shows some talent...and luck but....lol)

I would also like to try and upgrade my other positions if I could/should? I like Pablo at 1st and find nothing wrong with him (sure...there are better 1B but...) I like Freese as well but I do not have a 3B backup unless I move Panda to 3rd and Morse/Colvin to 1B (ouch) since we all know Freese's record with health! I am getting tired of Reyes also and would like to change that up but if he starts playing this 2nd half then I could use the speed so....not sure on him. And then comes my SP's who I need a minor rehaul on so....

That is why I am trying to find out what kind of guys could I package together and who should I target? I know that's an open book question since it's hard to say depending on the other players and who they have and all but just in the vicinity of who I should ask for and where do I need the most help?

Txs again for all the help!

WhipperSnappers44
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions