What is Matt Kenp really worth??? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

What is Matt Kenp really worth???

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

What is Matt Kenp really worth???

Postby MattyG A's » Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:49 pm

This season I've done everything I could to work a team that has a blance of pitching and hitting. Working trades like crazy. Crap to the point where I only have 3 players left I originally drafted. I'm damn close to a team I love. But then I get a trade offer. And I dont know what to do?? first let me say, this is actually a counter trade. I've been shopping Strasburg. Given that he is approaching an innings cap set by the Nats. And soon will pose no value. I'm hoping most the idiots in my league dont realize that. And so I offered Strasburg and OF Allen Craig for Matt Kemp. It was declinded. And what was countered was this......

RA Dickey and Mark Trumbo for Matt Kemp.

Without saying much more. Is this a legit trade? Or am I giving up way too much??

Non keeper, standard ESPN 5x5 scoring. Only tweak on the league was 1 added pitching slot and an extra DL slot.

C Wilin Rosario, Col
1B Adam LaRoche, Wsh
2B Aaron Hill, Ari
3B Jose Bautista, Tor
SS Jose Reyes, Mia
2B/SS Jason Kipnis, Cle
1B/3B Anthony Rizzo, ChC
OF Michael Morse, Wsh
OF Mark Trumbo, LAA
OF Allen Craig, StL
OF Chris Davis, Bal
OF Josh Reddick, Oak
UTIL Elvis Andrus, Tex
BENCH Carlos Lee, Mia

SP Stephen Strasburg, Wsh
SP Jered Weaver, LAA
SP R.A. Dickey, NYM
SP Jason Hammel, Bal
SP Jarrod Parker, Oak
SP Michael Fiers, Mil
RP John Axford, Mil
RP Addison Reed
RP Casey Janssen, Tor
RP Huston Street, SD
RP Vinnie Pestano, Cle

DL Shaun Marcum, Mil SP
DL Matt Capps, Min
MattyG A's
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: What is Matt Kenp really worth???

Postby LittleTree » Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:58 pm

Thanks for the help on mine.

I think I would do this trade, but it's close. There are alot of unknowns here. Will Kemp be able to stay healthy? Will Dickey be able to play at this level all season? How good is Trumbo really? Unfortunately, as a Rangers fan, I think Trumbo is really good and going to get better, just maybe not all in this season. I also do not believe that R.A. will remain at this high level. He could, but I don't think so. So, the real question is, how good can Kemp be in the 2nd half? In my opinion...REALLY GOOD. I make the trade. Hope this helps.
LittleTree
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 26)

Re: What is Matt Kenp really worth???

Postby Quackman » Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:59 pm

Funny,,,i traded away the same thing,,,,kemp and craig and i traded for Hanley and king felix. Personally i think kemp will be a 3 or 4 stat guy. I would be shocked if he was getting the green light on steals. With the injuries the dodger lineup just isnt that good right now so kemp will get less pitches and fewer people will be on base (less rbi). I know they are looking for a bat before the trade deadline so this could really change Kemps value.

Even with this said,,,i think id do the deal. Even with the above downsides, kemp should put up good power with average. Im not on the Dickey train so it would depend if you are. I think hes gonna get shelled 2nd half.
Quackman
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 64)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions