Trade for Kemp and how will my team do? Definite WHIR! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Trade for Kemp and how will my team do? Definite WHIR!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Trade for Kemp and how will my team do? Definite WHIR!

Postby Ellsberries » Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:01 am

Hey all,
Here is some info on my league: I'm playing in a ten team roto nl only league. I'm 6 points behind first place and 3 in front of second place. The categories are R, Avg, HR, RBI, SB, W, SO, SV, ERA, WHIP. I'm doing well in every offensive category except avg. and doing well in all pitching categories except W and ERA.

My line up:
C - Rosario
1B - Rizzo
2B - Uggla
SS - Lowrie
2B/SS - Furcal
3B - Sandoval
1B/3B - Ike Davis
OF - Morse
OF - Melky Cabrera
OF - Braun
OF - Stubbs
OF - Ruggiano
Bench - Maybin
Bench - JD Martinez
DL - Lucroy
Pitchers:
Lee
Josh Johnson
Cueto
Garza
Billingsley
Tim Hudson
Nolasco
Chapman
Papelbon
Bell

A couple of questions. First, how do you think my team will do in the second half? Should I make any major moves? Do you think that with my present lineup I will be able to make up some ground in Avg and era? An owner is trying to deal Kemp. I offered Furcal and Stubbs. He told me that another guy offered him Vogelsong and Fowler, but that he still might just hold onto Kemp. Should I offer more for Kemp and if so, who?

Thank you guys!
Ellsberries
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Trade for Kemp and how will my team do? Definite WHIR!

Postby Ellsberries » Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:14 pm

anyone?
Ellsberries
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby kaiser » Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:04 pm

I'm surprised he would consider either one of those deals for Kemp. I would think you would have to offer something in the neighborhood of Melky and Lawrie, if not more.

If you need to make up some ground in AVG, sure, it would be nice to get Kemp. But maybe you are setting your sights too high. There are other guys out there, like Bourn, who will get you solid AVG without costing an arm and a leg. I would encourage you to aim lower and preserve more of your current lineup.
kaiser
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 305)

Postby LittleTree » Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:46 pm

Thanks for the help on mine.
I actually like your team, but you could use a little help. If I were you, to make a play for Kemp I would offer Melky and maybe a pitcher (Garza?) and see if that would get the deal done. Right now Melky is riding a high after getting ASG MVP plus he is playing great. However, I think now would be a good time to sell on him becasue I don't think he can keep up this pace and also Kemp has a higher ceiling. As for Garza, obviously he has not had his best season so far but he has proven to be a top-tier pitcher and it looks very likely that he will be traded to a contender very soon (I'd probably mention that in the trade request). I think this trade could help you both. Good luck.
LittleTree
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 26)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions