Trading Bruce - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Trading Bruce

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Trading Bruce

Postby Rally Cat » Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:45 pm

I have Bruce and he can be kept for three more years after this year. I also have Verlander , Votto, Miggy, Braun and Harper. Those are my six keepers. I would like to trade Bruce for one more solid starter. I looking at Cliff Lee, Bumgarner and Gio. Think I can get one of them for Bruce ? The owner on Bum needs hrs and rbi. He's on top in most pitching catagories. The owners of Lee and Gio are tougher to trade with . Other pitchers I should look at for Bruce? I'm not competing fo this year.
I figured I would lock down four stud hitters and two stud starters for next year. I have two first rd picks next year and thought I would get two more stud hitters and take and another good picher in the second rd. I don't have a third rd pick.
Thoughts?
Rally Cat
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Trading Bruce

Postby ahcryky » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:41 pm

I like Bumgarner in that scenario for you, since that owner is looking for HR's and RBI's. And I would like going into next year with Verlander and Bumgarner. I would put Bruce in the bottom half of top 20 OF's.
ahcryky
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Goatrider » Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:53 am

Your strategy is sound. You think you have a shot next year. So a controllable Bruce should be a decent offer for Bum or Gio. It looks like Gio may be in his prime which is nice. For that reason, I would not do it for Lee. But I like having Jay Bruce on my team.
Goatrider
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 40)

Postby Rally Cat » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:11 am

I offered Bruce for Bumgarner but it got rejected. I'm now going to focus on Gio.The Lee owner has hitting. Doubtful he will trade. I know the owner of Strasburg won't trade him unless I offer him the world. Any other pitchers I should look at Halladay? I'm a little affraid of him now. Plus he can only be kept one more year after this year. Bum, Lee and Gio all can be kept three more years.
Rally Cat
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Rally Cat » Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:07 pm

I just traded Bruce and Edwin Jackson for Gio and Delmon Young. Now my keepers going into next years draft will be

Braun
Votto
Miggy
Harper
Verlander
Gio

I have two very good first round picks . Chances are very good I will take two hitters and then go for another good pitcher in the second round. I don't have a third rd pick but I might be able to get one before the draft by packaging a couple of players .
Rally Cat
College Coach
College Coach

Postby LARS929 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:18 pm

I was just a buyer of Bruce so maybe I have some help for you...my trade was in a dynasty league, all players kept forever, I am in first needed some hitting.

I gave Cliff Lee and Matt Holiday along with a minor league draft pick

I got Jay Bruce and David Ortiz

So clearly in the trade, Bruce cost me more than just Lee...I'd say in a keeper league Bruce should be netting Cain...a good hitter is more reliable than a good pitcher long term.

Also, keep in mind Bruce was the No. 1 prospect in baseball in 2008 (baseball America) and since coming up his 162 game average is 32 hrs, 90 rbis...yes his average is bad, but he is still just barely 25...I see him as a top 25 player for the next 5 years.
LARS929
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions