Drop Santiago Casilla for J. Quintana at RP - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Drop Santiago Casilla for J. Quintana at RP

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Drop Santiago Casilla for J. Quintana at RP

Postby rickjamess » Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:21 pm

I am coming around to the idea of putting starters that are relief eligible in as RPs. I have been frustrated with S. Casilla recently with poor performance and blisters, and I am thinking of dropping him and putting Jose Quintana in his spot. My league is a 4 player keeper, and he likely wouldn't fit into those 4 spots, but I am just thinking that he should outperform Casilla who is a middle of the road closer. So would you drop Casilla for Quintana? Also Casey Janssen is also available if I am sticking with the standard closer. Not much else out there. We start 2 RPs and my other is T. Clippard
rickjamess
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Drop Santiago Casilla for J. Quintana at RP

Postby wazzeus » Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:48 am

Absolutely not. Casilla had been lights out all year until his struggles of the past couple weeks. One of those blown saves was the result of poor execution defensively, and he doesn't appear to be in danger of losing his gig. The Giants provide save opps by the bushel.

Meanwhile, Quintana is very average as a starting pitcher, and probably below average if you don't buy into his early success. I don't. Cozy ballpark doesn't help, either.
wazzeus
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions