Waiver Wire and Trade Help (WHIR) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Waiver Wire and Trade Help (WHIR)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Waiver Wire and Trade Help (WHIR)

Postby fish72292 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:36 pm

Okay so my team is below and I have a few questions... I just had a trade go through and have an open roster spot. With the way my team is I was wondering what player from the list I will provide below will help my team the most the rest of the way. I can use Maybins spot as a streamer anytime I want to because I know he will not get picked up but I love his talent and that is why I keep him around plus he stole 28 bags last season in the second half.

Hitter Available:
Lance Berkman
Ike Davis
Jew Lowrie
Pedor Alvarez
Lucas Duda
Rickie Weeks
Mark Reynolds

Pitchers Available:
Doug Fister
Derek Holland
Justin Masterson
Bud Norris
Gavin Floyd
Tommy Milone
Felix Doubront

I could use a guy to lower my ERA and WHIP... and could use some HRs, and RBIs.

Also one other questions... I have tried to land a Top Tier pitcher but none of the kids in my league will budge besides the Greinke owner and I had him just about at a deal but he said he wanted to wait for a few starts after the break. Any pitchers who will be able to help me lower my ERA and WHIP pretty much everytime out and are consistent enough to not be a streamer that I can trade for. Just a solid pitcher that is not Elite but is a must own that I could target... and who you would trade for them if you were me. All help will be returned and in great detail.

ESPN 10 team head to head. Keep 8 players a year.

C: Buster Posey
1B: Albert Pujols
2B: Ben Zobrist
3B: Hanley Ramirez
SS: Elvis Andrus
IF: Anthony Rizzo
OF: Adam Jones
OF: Justin Upton
OF: Matt Holliday
OF: Alex Gordon
UT: David Freese
Bench: Cameron Maybin
DL: Carl Crawford
DL: Dustin Pedroia

Starting Pitchers:
Yovani Gallardo
Max Scherzer
Jon Lester
Mat Latos
Ian Kennedy
Adam Wainwright
James Shields
DL: Dan Haren

Closers:
Joel Hanrahan
Chris Perez
Ernesto Frieri
fish72292
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Waiver Wire and Trade Help (WHIR)

Postby HoneyNutIchiros11 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:26 pm

Out of all the guys you listed, the only one I think that could make a big impact would be Berkman, its a risk with the injury but with that STL offense right now you have to think he's only going to play well too.

For a pitcher, I'd look for Ryan Vogelsong or someone like him. His value shouldn't be TOO high because he hasn't really done something like this season to this level, and he has an amazing ERA and will get wins too
HoneyNutIchiros11
College Coach
College Coach

Postby oriolemagic33 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:21 pm

I am a very satisfied Milone owner, but I'd say go for Derek Holland. He was tearing it up early and I think he'll put up nice numbers second half. Also any Ranger is obviously a candidate to rack up some wins.

Trade wise I would look for a Tommy Hanson or Johan Santana type pitcher. Not the elite tier, but very good in their own right and shouldn't come at too high of a price. You have some pieces to move so I think you could pull the trigger for one of these guys.
oriolemagic33
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby sigriffey » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:22 pm

oriolemagic33 wrote:I am a very satisfied Milone owner, but I'd say go for Derek Holland. He was tearing it up early and I think he'll put up nice numbers second half. Also any Ranger is obviously a candidate to rack up some wins.

Trade wise I would look for a Tommy Hanson or Johan Santana type pitcher. Not the elite tier, but very good in their own right and shouldn't come at too high of a price. You have some pieces to move so I think you could pull the trigger for one of these guys.

I echo these sentiments. From the hitter side, Weeks is hitting with power of late and Ike Davis stands to have a nice second half.
sigriffey
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 12)

Postby 11stever11 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:29 pm

sigriffey wrote:
oriolemagic33 wrote:I am a very satisfied Milone owner, but I'd say go for Derek Holland. He was tearing it up early and I think he'll put up nice numbers second half. Also any Ranger is obviously a candidate to rack up some wins.

I echo these sentiments. From the hitter side, Weeks is hitting with power of late and Ike Davis stands to have a nice second half.

I agree with this. Thanks for the help on mine ;-D
11stever11 Beginner
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Football Mod
Home Cafe: Football

Postby toof90 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:55 pm

I'd go with either Ike Davis or Rickie Weeks as hitters

and Milone as pitcher. Hes very solid
You can just use him when he pitches at home if you want.
His numbers at home are great. 1.03 ERA, 5-1 record, in 7 games played

His WHIP is 1.18 and ERA is 3.57 which is pretty solid. I own him in a league and like him
toof90
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby oriolemagic33 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:37 pm

I also own Ike and I'm confident enough in him to have a nice second half that I just traded away Billy Butler. He's been very good over the last month and is poised to have a nice rest of the season.
oriolemagic33
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby LARS929 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:45 pm

I would roll the dice on weeks...he hasnt been good yet, but he could turn it around and be a huge pick up for you.
LARS929
College Coach
College Coach

Postby yanksmets51 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:58 pm

I would roll the dice on Weeks, he's too good to keep playing this bad.
yanksmets51
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby wazzeus » Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:59 pm

Thanks for your help on mine.

I wouldn't dump any of the hitters on your roster for the hitters you listed as available. If you need HR and RBI (hard to believe, looking at your lineup), you might be able to deal Alex Gordon and Dustin Pedroia for an Adam Dunn-plus or a Mark Trumbo-plus. Something like that, maybe.

The only pitcher on your available list that I might pursue would be Doug Fister, but I'm not extremely optimistic that he's going to regain the value he had last year. He WAS amazing in the second half, though. Still, I don't think I'd drop any of your pitchers to get him.

As for pitchers to target to lower your ERA and WHIP, make a run at Jordan Zimmermann. He's an ERA and WHIP machine, and a bit underrated. His owner might be frustrated by the lack of wins -- he tends to get low run support, and rarely goes more than 6-7 innings -- and strikeouts, but you can feel confident plugging him in as a stabilizer in the categories you mentioned.
wazzeus
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions