What kind of SP could Vic land me? WHIR100%!!! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

What kind of SP could Vic land me? WHIR100%!!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

What kind of SP could Vic land me? WHIR100%!!!

Postby WhipperSnappers44 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:05 am

Hey all...I am 1st place in a 12 Team H2H (Non-Keeper) 10 CAT league and I know they say if it's not broke then don't fix it but with the 2nd half coming up I just want to make sure I stay strong and win this thing but i have a few offense guys just sitting on my bench wasting away and i figure I should try beefing up my team to ensure a victory....but I need your help and will help you if needed!

Below is my team and I am disappointed in C.Santana right now but figure I will ride him out for a little longer and see what happens. S.Victorino on the other hand has no reason being on my squad so I figure I want to try and move him but not sure what to shoot for in a 1 for 1 deal. I could also pair him with P.Hughes or Anibal Sanchez in order to up my SP as well but not sure who to target. It is very....VERY hard to trade in this league so I need some ideas that will be a sure fire acceptance. Txs in advance!

My Team:

C - C.Santana
1B - Miggy Cabrera
2B - A.Craig
3B - E.Encarnacion
SS - I.Desmond
OF - C.Granderson
OF - H.Pence
OF - A.Jackson
Uti - J.Kubel
Uti - M.Teixiera
Bench - B.Zobrist
Bench - A.Rizzo
Bench - T.Plouffe
Bench - S.Victorino

SP - G.Gonzales , RA Dickey , T.Hanson , AJ Burnett , A.Sanchez , P.Hughes , S.Marcum (DL)
RP - J.Johnson , S.Casilla , F.Rodney

Now...there is no sense behind having 4 bench guys but....I like Rizzzo since I think he will be an explosive player as he has shown so far and he wil be good to place in one of my Uti slots if he continues like this (I consider him a poor man's M.Trout) , B.Zobrist covers me at 2B if something happens to A.Craig (who has a history of being hurt) and Plouffe can get on some serious hot streaks and also has 4 position eligibility (2B/3B/SS/OF) and could come in very handy if something happens to I.Desmond since there is nothing on the WW as far as SS goes. (I know...everyone is based on "What If" someone gets hurt but....what if)?...lol

Now...Victorino is last and I never play him and probably never will so I am trying to move him. I like P.Hughes so I am hesitant to trade him but if I need to then i will. Anibal Sanchez I like but he has been quite awful as of late so I will trade him too if need be.

So....my question is what SP could I target in a trade for Victorino straight up? What if I were to add Sanchez? What about Hughes (or should I stay with him)?

here is a list of WW Offensive guys also as well as WW SP's/RP's if I should make any other moves that you might see.

FA Offense: E.Hosmer - (he's a bum...I dropped him a long time ago and nobody has yet to grab him so I will grab him if he heats it up but I doubt it) , D.Fowler , A.De Aza , L.Berkman(DL) , W.Middlebrooks , JP Abrenciba , Salty , S.Perez , W.Rosario, A.Ramirez , J.Lowrie , R.Weeks , N.Walker , N.Markakis , D.Murphy(NYM) , C.Lee , P.Alverez , J.Mourneau , C.Davis , C.Ross , N.Aoki

FA SP: J.Parker , D.Holland , C.Buchholz(DL), B.McCarthy(DL), R.Oswalt, T.Bauer, S.Diamond, T.Lilly(DL), T.Milone, F.Liriano, J.Samardzija, C.Zambrano, J.Jurrjens, G.Floyd , A.Cashner(DL)

FA RP: B.Myers(he was just dropped and probably shouldn't be but I can't use 4 closers) , R.Cook, B.League, T.Wilhelmsen, C.Marmol

So there it is folks.....what should I do if anything? Also....if I try and make a trade proposal I have to make a deal the other person can't refuse as it's hard to trade in this league as everyone seems oto have a stick up their bum when it comes to trading...even if they are in last place...lol

Txs again and post yours if you need help and I will help 100% guaranteed! Txs all and good luck!

WhipperSnappers44!!! ;-D ;-D ;-D
WhipperSnappers44
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Re: What kind of SP could Vic land me? WHIR100%!!!

Postby MadDog36 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:32 am

D.Fowler over Shane VIctorino
Shocking Fowler is a FA!
DeAza too?
Sal Perez, Wilin Rosario and Salty are all available at catcher? Well you can afford to be patient with Santana then.
Join My Roto Keeper League:
viewtopic.php?t=466433
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 2062)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby WhipperSnappers44 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:44 am

Txs for the response but that leaves me to if I grab Fowler (since I have heard the hype on him several times in this group and not sure why since not once in his career has he hit the way he has) but it is wise to straight drop Vic? Also, since I never have and never will play Vic then if I were to grab Fowler then where would he fall into play on my team?

That is why I felt I should make some sort of trade for an arm of sorts (whether a 1 for 1 or 2 for 1 or 3 for 1 or so on...)

Txs again!

WhipperSnappers44!!! ;-D ;-D ;-D
WhipperSnappers44
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby WhipperSnappers44 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:02 pm

*bump*
WhipperSnappers44
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions