Help moving back into 1st - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Help moving back into 1st

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Help moving back into 1st

Postby garretterik » Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:30 am

I dominated this league all year long. Was in first from April 15th-June 15th. Now I have been second for the past month.

12 team Yahoo 5x5 Roto redraft league.

Here is the place I am in each stat:
Runs-4th, HR-3rd, RBI-2nd, SB-3rd, AVG-2nd, Wins-1st, Saves-4th, K's-4th, ERA-7th, WHIP-9th

I am at 762 of 1400 innings.

I have been trying to make multiple trades, but no takers. (I do have an offer out of my Freese/Axford for his Lynn. Want more SP depth, clearing Freese for Middlebrooks, and just selling Axford.)

Was thrilled to get Tulo AND Hanley with first two picks out of the 5th spot. However with Tulo's injury and Hanley's underperformance not sure anymore.
My best trade was getting Peavy early on. Best pick ups Middlebrooks, Rizzo, AJ, Goldschmidt, AReed, Cook, and Wilhelmsen. Worst move dropping Trumbo on April 4th after he was not getting playing time every day after the Pujols trade. :~(

Here is my team:
C Yadier Molina (StL - C)
1B Paul Goldsmith (Ari-1B)
2B Ben Zobrist (TB - 2B,OF)
3B David Freese (StL - 3B)
SS Hanley Ramirez (Mia - SS, 3B)
OF Jay Bruce (Cin - OF)
OF Michael Bourn (Atl - OF)
OF Yoenis Cespedes (Oak - OF)
Util Tony Rizzo (ChC-1B)
Util Pablo Sandoval (SF - 1B,3B)
BN Will Middlebrooks (BOS-3B)
BN Omar Infante (Mai-2B)
BN Bret Gardner NYY-OF)DL
DL Troy Tulowitzki (Col - SS)
Pitchers
SP CC Sabathia (NYY - SP) DL
SP Jake Peavy (CWS-SP)
RP Addison Reed (CWS - RP)
RP John Axford (MIl-RP)
P Madison Bumgarner (SF - SP)
P Ryan Cook (Oak-RP)
P Johnny Cueto (Cin - SP)
BN AJ Burnett (Pit-SP)
BN Tom Wilhemsen (Sea-RP)
BN Trevor Bauer (Ari-SP)

WW:
(bats)Lind, Chipper, Pedro Alvarez(Pit-3B), Coco Crisp, Garrett Jones, Neil Walker, Aoki, Revere, Delmon Young, BMoss(Oak-1B,OF), ARamirex(ChA-SS), Avila, CYoung(Ari), Maybin, LMorrison(Mai-OF), Brantley, Saunders, Ruggiano
(arms)FFrancisco(NYM-RP)DL, BMorrowDL, SSantos, CappsDL, SDowns, McCarthy, Parker(Oak-SP), Quintana, Jimenez(Cle-SP),Morales(Bos-SP), Oswalt, Liriano, Helickson, Milone, Fiers, Richard, Vargas, Hochevar, SRomo, Oveido

If my trade doesn't' go through I am thinking of dropping Infante and possibly Bauer. I am ready to drop Infante immediately for (Quintana, Walker, or Moss?). Bauer I would like to keep one more start. I like the promise he showed in that last win (shut out 6 innings, 6Ks, and win).
garretterik Beginner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Help moving back into 1st

Postby fast dogs » Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:46 am

add Neil Walker
fast dogs
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 304)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby thearabhammer » Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:09 am

Scoop Walker he's worth it

If we set ourselves on fire, WE CAN GO ANYWHERE!
If we light ourselves on fire, WE CAN GO ANYWHERE!- Stormy from Sealab 2021Image
thearabhammer
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby ShdowMastr81 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:19 am

WW:
(bats)Lind, Chipper, Pedro Alvarez(Pit-3B), Coco Crisp, Garrett Jones, Neil Walker, Aoki, Revere, Delmon Young, BMoss(Oak-1B,OF), ARamirex(ChA-SS), Avila, CYoung(Ari), Maybin, LMorrison(Mai-OF), Brantley, Saunders, Ruggiano
(arms)FFrancisco(NYM-RP)DL, BMorrowDL, SSantos, CappsDL, SDowns, McCarthy, Parker(Oak-SP), Quintana, Jimenez(Cle-SP),Morales(Bos-SP), Oswalt, Liriano, Helickson, Milone, Fiers, Richard, Vargas, Hochevar, SRomo, Oveido

Parker
Hellickson
Milone
Vargas

all solid SP that should be owned. If your trade gets finished, then you can use that open spot to add one, or you can drop Infante to add one. This could allow you to cherry pick the solid matchups so you don't overextend your IP limits. Your K, ERA and WHIP standings are the ones that stick out as much needed improvements. I wouldnt just start every pitcher every time, but be careful with your matchups and research for starts. I'd almost be willing to trade Burnett and Bauer, to get one much better pitcher also. Its a mix of selling high on Burnett and playing on Bauer's name value. Just a few thoughts. Good luck
ShdowMastr81
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 12)

Postby kingdon » Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:31 pm

I certainly dont see any need for you to have Tulo on your roster at this point. You're doing great in a lot of the offensive categories with out him and you have Han Ram who is doing quite well. Id see what you can get for him SP wise. You also have a great deal at depth at 3B, arguably one of the more shallow positions. I think itd be wise to move Freese given his injury history
kingdon
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 16)

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team