What would improve this team? WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

What would improve this team? WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

What would improve this team? WHIR

Postby coyotesjr97 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:41 pm

10-team, Yahoo h2h 6x6--scoring cats are: R, HR, RBI, SB, AVG, OBP W, K's, ERA, Whip, Saves, Holds.

I'm currently sitting in second place, but not with much breathing room. First the one obvious glaring flaw in my team is the lack of an candidates to get me holds. I've punted them in recent weeks to pick up the likes of Middlebrooks, Colvin (when stanton got hurt), Morse (somebody dropped him), and gambling on Utley.

Secondly....is my OF set with Stanton having surgery? With the Marlins struggling I can't see them risking the rush on bringing him back from surgery.

Do I gamble with keeping Ryan Zimmerman and the bum shoulder that is bound to return?

Is my starting pitching championship contender quality?

I'd like to pontentially package a guy like Jeter and maybe another piece to land some help. This would allow me to add at least one arm to the bullpen for holds. Also waiting for Stanton to get DL status, which will give me another arm as well. Anyways..enough talk. Here's my team..let me know what improvements you'd make!

C-Napoli
1st-Votto
2nd-Allen Craig
3rd-Zimmerman
SS-HanRAm
OF-Shin-Shoo
OF-Heyward
OF-Morse
Util-Ortiz
Util-Reddick

Bench-
Middlebrooks
Alex Gordon
Eric Hosmer
Tyler Colvin
Utley
Jeter
Stanton (waiting for him to finally go on the DL.....)

DL-Gardner

Starting Pitching-
Price
Wainwright
McDonald
Hanson
Kuroda
Vogelsong

RP-
Motte
Frieri
coyotesjr97
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: What would improve this team? WHIR

Postby carrythezero21 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:17 am

your bench is too strong to have just those arms. with wain being a question mark i'd look to package him up with jeter (always an over paid for fantasy player) for an ace of staff. need holds too man, can't give away a category. also not sold on middlebrooks at all, and with hanley don't even worry about it...trade will for pitching.
carrythezero21
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby carrythezero21 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:19 am

keep hosmer and zimmerman, both look like they can have big second halfs.
carrythezero21
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby carrythezero21 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:20 am

carrythezero21
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby ShdowMastr81 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:39 am

im a firm believer that hitters on the bench are useless. you can't get stats if they dont play, and you cant get quality stats from them on a fill in basis. You need to sell all but a couple bench bats, and make sure your starting hitters are the strongest ones possible, then when you sell those hitters you can load up on pitchers and really solidify the stats that you get on a constant basis. Holds are easy to find. aim for an RP that has a 8+ K/9 and is not the 8th or 9th inning guy. those guys tend to be the first ones to get the 7th inning hold and the first shot to slide up if there is an injury. so dont worry about it too much, holds are everywhere. i like finding guys that are SP/RP eligible that can provide holds, so you can still roster your closers too. Not to mention that those mid inning SP/RP guys tend to lower your team ERA/WHIP with their frequent 1 IP 0H 0ER outings.
ShdowMastr81
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 12)

Postby coyotesjr97 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:56 pm

Yeah I'm not worried about holds. I punted holds for the past couple weeks and picked up some bats with the idea of making some trades. Holds seem to be a dime a dozen in this league, with some decent arms out there to be picked up.

I just wanted to see what people thought I needed more, an OF bat to replace Stanton or some starting pitching?
coyotesjr97
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team