made my last trade, championship or bust? WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

made my last trade, championship or bust? WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

made my last trade, championship or bust? WHIR

Postby joeyg2323 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:02 am

hello everyone so where at the All Star break and just wondering how my teams looks.

i am in a 14 team deep mixed keeper league(2nd year keep 4). It is a h2h 5x5 standard cats. Currently I am in 4th place, 1.5 games behind first. just some more insight on the league, 5th and 6th are currently 10 games behind me, and three teams have already thrown in the towel by gutting their team for future draft picks. So the league is down to 11 for 6 playoff spots.

So far this year i made 7 trades, i think most was for the better.

May 5th- traded lance lynn and 2013 5th round for Craig Kimbrel and 2013 12th round.
May 14th- traded Ivan Nova for Kenley Jansen.
May 16th- traded James Mcdonald for JJ Putz(this was only bad trade i think but remember at the time we were not even 2 months into the season)
May 22nd- traded Ichiro and JJ Putz for Jason Heyward and Jemile weeks.
June 24th- Traded quentin for maybin(kind of a pointless trade)
June 28th- traded Smyly, league, maybin, 2013 1st and 2nd round for m.holliday, AJ Burnett, H.Bell 2013 12th and 23rd round.
July 9th- traded 2013 3rd and 6th round for James Mcdonald and 2013 12th and 18th round.(only reason i paid so high is youk just went for a 4th and 5th, quintanna went for a 5th and 6th, cahill went for a 4th and 6th)

so heres what my team looks like,

c-j.montero
1b- freeman
2b-cano
3b- alvarez/chipper(hotter hitter at time, there have been times where i had to have both in the lineup)
ss- andrus
of- harper, holliday, heyward
ult(2)- cespedes, a.soriano
b- JD Martinez

SP- F. Hernandez, Sale, Hanson, Lincecum, Burnett, MCdonald, Minor(weak link right now but has been doing decent last couple of starts)

RP- Chapman, kimbrel, jansen, bell

What do you guys think? IS this finally my year??? WHIR just leave a link
"They give you a round bat and they throw you a round ball. And they tell you to hit it square."-Willie Stargell
joeyg2323
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 55)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: made my last trade, championship or bust? WHIR

Postby garretterik » Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:37 am

Thanks for the help on mine.
Your team looks very solid for a 14 team league. Pitching is obviously your strength. If Lincecum comes around you will be set for this year. I don't see any weak links or moves that jump out. Your pitching and OF depth will be what you need to use if you sustain any injuries.
garretterik Beginner
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 73)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby guyincognito » Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:10 pm

I think you have a really solid team here and I like the moves you have made. Believe it or not I think the "weak link" on your pitching staff right now is actually Lincecum because you are going to roll him out there every week hoping he gives you what you invested in and everytime he's going to let you down. But you have to keep playing him. Minor is a guy that you can actually stream if you wanted to. Outside of that, I really like your squad for a 14 team league.

Thanks for the help on mine!
guyincognito
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 53)

Postby sigriffey » Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:51 pm

I like it. Other than seeing if you can package Cespedes with Bell or LIncecum to move a struggling asset, I like it.
sigriffey
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 314)

Postby wyld stallions » Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:25 pm

thanks for help.

This one is tough due to so much future selections being traded. I would trade King Felix or Sales for a stud offensive player. I do not like them later in the season. Sales has inning limitations and I think Felix is over rated.

I do not think saying put would hurt you either though.
wyld stallions
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 13)

Postby Rally Cat » Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:42 pm

With Linceum getting bashed again Sunday no way you get near his value if you try to trade him. You look like you are in very good shape. Burnett will continue to roll . You are pretty solid.
Thanks for your help with mine ;-D
Rally Cat
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 67)

Postby mngopher » Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:22 pm

Seems like you have a pretty solid team. I agree with that Rally Cat that really have to hang on to Linceum because will not get any good value if trade him at low point.

Thanks for the help on my thread.
mngopher
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 7)

Postby WhipperSnappers44 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:31 pm

Txs for the help on my post....

Yeah....I have to agree here....your team is quite solid for a 14 teamer....especially your pitching. Hope some guys turn the corner for your sake (Minor, Linc) but overall real good and should be a definite lock for playoffs and possibly further (couldn't tell for sure without seeing what everyone else has)

Not a big fan of Soriano, JD Martinez and Caspedes (just don't know how he will do the 2nd half...great player but always hurt as well) but for a 14 teamer they are pretty good options so....can't really say there is a weak weak link anywhere but if you want to shake things up then maybe pair 2 of them and upgrade.

Good team and good luck m8!

WhipperSnappers44!!! ;-D ;-D ;-D
WhipperSnappers44
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 24)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team