Weaver for EE? WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Weaver for EE? WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Weaver for EE? WHIR

Postby dooho » Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:28 pm

12 team 5x5
i am first in wins, era and whip, while i am in the bottom 3 in saves, hr, rbi and avg.

i was offered the following trade, do you like this this for me given my needs and my roster? weaver always fades in the 2nd half, at least he has in the past couple of years. frieri gives me nearly the same k's as weaver but does trading weaver leave my staff vulnerable banking on morrow, moore and dickey? with the news that longoria may be out until august, i feel like i have to make a move.

leave a link.
thanks

get: encarnacion/frieri
give: weaver/oviedo

SP on waivers include: romero, t. hudson, masterson, cahill, diamond, fiers

roster:
c: mccann
1b: a-gon
2b: cano
ss: a. ramirez
3b: middlebrooks
mi: ackley
ci: prado
of: j. upton
of: pierre
of: pagan
util: colvin
bn: c. young, will myers, j. montero
DL: longoria

sp: weaver, dickey, sale, moore
rp: marshall, robertson, perkins, benoit, oviedo
DL: bailey, morrow
dooho
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Weaver for EE? WHIR

Postby baseballfan89 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:50 am

I thought about this over and over and its a tough trade to make. Weaver is weaver, and your pitching will definitely take a hugeee hit. EE is great, im from toronto and i go to see this guy all the time, the way he connects the bat with the ball is just sick. But everyday i feel like EE will go back to normal and this is all just a hot streak. If this is a keeper league then I wouldn't do it all. But it is worth a consideration if its not a keeper league. I would personally want more back, Weaver is the best player in the trade, and he's on a team that can perhaps give him a win every start. If you can get back more for weaver, like more depth then i would do it but not weaver/oviedo for ee/frieri. Is frieri even the closer? He's sharing duties with downs.

Help with mine? Thanks viewtopic.php?t=450094
baseballfan89
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby MadDog36 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:28 am

I'd dump soneone to grab another SP:
Add Fiers or Diamond while they are hot they will help you.
You are going to have to trust your big bats to start producing. You have some holes on your team but don't have a ton of depth to work wtih to do much upgrading.
I'd probably dump Oviedo for Tim Hudson who is a solid mid rotation to back end starter.
Join My Roto Keeper League:
viewtopic.php?t=466433
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 1928)

Postby dooho » Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:19 pm

big decision for my team and clearly a tough one for others to sort through. anyone else have a thought?

would this be a better deal if i dealt sale or dickey instead?
dooho
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby guyincognito » Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:33 pm

This is a tough one. If you could get it done for either Dickey or Sale instead, I'd consider it. That's still tough, but a little easier to swallow. Perhaps Sale might be the guy to move here. He has been amazing, but he was just stretched out this year so he could start to tail off as you head towards the end of the year. Is this a keeper? If so, then you have to keep Sale and then I guess deal Dickey. Sorry, not sure I helped.

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=450205
guyincognito
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 5)

Postby dooho » Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:36 pm

not a keeper league guys.
dooho
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby dooho » Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:58 pm

BUMP
dooho
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby OBPlover » Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:30 pm

Frieri is not a throw in !!!

I thought the deal was Weaver for EE straight and I had to side with Weaver. But reading on, I didn't expect to see quality included like Frieri. Right now he's one of the best closers in the game, seeming to win the job from Downs. And his impact to your k's ERA and WHIP are NOT insignificant.

As for Oviedo, who knows how that's going to turn out. I don't think Heath Bell is going to be given up on completely just yet. You are getting a big upgrade at closer.

In one of my leagues, someone traded Weaver for 2 mediocre closers. Just so ya know.
OBPlover
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 118)

Postby dooho » Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:45 pm

my feelings exactly OBPlover - i mean frieri nearly has as many k's as weaver. i do assume my rations and wins will suffer, but i don't think k's will suffer very much and certainly i am adding saves...in addition to EE. i don't care about oviedo, i picked him up yesterday. he IS a throw in. so for all intents and purposes this is a 2 for 1.

OBPlover wrote:Frieri is not a throw in !!!

I thought the deal was Weaver for EE straight and I had to side with Weaver. But reading on, I didn't expect to see quality included like Frieri. Right now he's one of the best closers in the game, seeming to win the job from Downs. And his impact to your k's ERA and WHIP are NOT insignificant.

As for Oviedo, who knows how that's going to turn out. I don't think Heath Bell is going to be given up on completely just yet. You are getting a big upgrade at closer.

In one of my leagues, someone traded Weaver for 2 mediocre closers. Just so ya know.
dooho
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby sigriffey » Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:07 pm

I just feel you should get a more sure bet than EE for a guy as proven as Weaver. I might see if you can get a better pitcher back or push for another bat.
sigriffey
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 12)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions