Need help settling a pitching decision... WHIR!!! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Need help settling a pitching decision... WHIR!!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Need help settling a pitching decision... WHIR!!!

Postby FBNUT31 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:05 am

5X5 roto 10 team league. 6 bench players.
I'm 6th in Ks and 7th in whip which should help with the decision.

So one of my teams has a pitching dilemma. I would like to keep all my pitchers but my offensive roster has taken a serious hit (Stanton, Tulo and Pedroia all out a month). I am okay in Ks and have plenty of high K rate guys but am still torn over who to keep. I need to drop one guy, who is it?

Active:
Gee, Hanson, Harrison, Kennedy, Kimbrel, Milone, Rodney, Shields and Street.
Bench:
Ed Jackson, Quintana, Samardzija and Scherzer.

My initial thought is to drop either Jackson or Sam. I almost dropped Jackson just because of Sama high K rate but then he plays on the worst team in baseball and Jacskon plays on one of the best. Since I have Scherzer and other high K rate guys on my team is Sama even necessary to keep around? Jackson's track record isn't all that hot but he has always been talented and shows true signs of consistency this year, at least in whip. What should I do? Quintana stays. I need a dynamic pitcher to make up ground and I think he could be just that. Do I get rid of Gee or Milone? Gee's whip and K rate are both good especially over the last 7-8 starts. Let me know and I would definitely WHIR because this is driving me crazy. Thanks guys.
FBNUT31
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions