Trade analysis please - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Trade analysis please

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Trade analysis please

Postby weaselpuppy » Sat Jul 07, 2012 1:32 am

Thanks in advance for feedback

Scenario- I commish a 12 team mixed keeper league with 6 keepers/yr of a 11 hitter 9 pitcher 5 bench roster setup with a 1b/2b/3b/ss/lf/cf/rf/iF/OF and UTIL slot and 3 SP 3 RP and 3 UP pitching setup.

Categories are R 1B 2B 3B HR RBI BB K Field% net steals and W Net Saves HR allowed GIDP Holds K ERA WHIP QS

Team A Sends Cano and Hanrahan to Team B for Uggla and Shields.

Team A has Kinsler Ortiz C Santana Napoli as hitting core and Kershaw and Cain, where Kinsler Ortiz Cano Kershaw Cain are no brainer keeps. his rationale is he wants a 6th keeper so wants to get Uggla and Shields to round out keepers. He is in 6th in the league, 25 points out of 1st at 129 pts.

Team B is in 3rd at 139, 15 points back overall and needs saves to move 4-5 points in that category alone. Team B has a core of Teixera Trout Ellsbury CC Price as 5 no brainer keeps. Team B has a history of lopsided deals going back, oh 35 years. Team A and Team B are old buddies, both have won titles in last 3 years though Team A is a relative newbie of 5 years to fantasy ball.

League bitched and moaned over Team B rationale, though he did send out 4-5 offers including Cano, just not to anyone that is savvy, except his buddy.

I don't get the keeper rationale on Uggla or Shields. He already has Kershaw and Cain, and Shields is a league average pitcher career with one peak year that offset a couple real bad ones. He's 32. Uggla is 32 and hitting .230 for the last 1.5 yrs. League is offering guys like Shields ( Lester, Romero, Kennedy) on open market already....

Thoughts on trade/situation?

Thanks!
weaselpuppy
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Trade analysis please

Postby Quackman » Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:09 am

This would get vetoed in some of my leagues. Cano is a monster. Certainly in the top 5 most valuable players (id say miggy, Cutch, braun, Cano, Votto if we redrafted right now). Id never even consider trading just Cano for Shields and Uggla.

to me it looks like someone is hooking up a buddy. my standard for trades is if i think someone is making a trade for a reason other than to improve his team, then its potentially a vetoable trade/ Hooking up a buddy/giving up/not caring anymore/collusion ect. good luck.
Quackman
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 149)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions