Candidates for Trades?? WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Candidates for Trades?? WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Candidates for Trades?? WHIR

Postby HoneyNutIchiros11 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 8:54 pm

I'm currently in first place in my league and have been in the top three all season, I'm just thinking if I should be starting to shake up me roster a bit so I can make a nice push for first place this year. I know about the whole "if it ain't broke don't fix it" comes into mind here, but here's my roster...
It's an 8 team head to head Yahoo league, 13 categories (R,H,HR,RBI,SB,K(batting),E,XBH,IP,W,SV,K(pitching),ERA)
C-Joe Mauer(1B)
1B-Edwin Encarnation (3B)
2B-Jason Kipnis
3B-Brett Lawrie
SS-Empty
OF-Ryan Braun
OF-Matt Holliday
OF-Colby Rasmus
Utility-Eric Hosmer(1B)
Utility-David Wright(3B)
Bench-Ichiro Suzuki(OF)
Bench-Matt Kemp(OF)
DL-Dustin Pedroia(2B)
SP-Jered Weaver
SP-Steven Strasburg
SP-James Shields
SP-Adam Wainwright
RP-John Axford
RP-Heath Bell
Bench-Kyle Lohse(SP)
DL-Brandon Morrow

I just recently dropped Carlos Santana and picked up Rasmus.
I should also add that zero trades have been made across my entire league for the whole season so I'm hoping I can burst through the floodgates here...

Immediately you can see I need a SS, I'd rather get a higher end guy to keep my offense high rather than drop someone and pick up a player in FA. Also, I'm looking for more solid pitchers as well.

Who is a great SS that I could target for a trade?
And looking at my roster, who should I be looking to trade away or drop?

General thoughts or opinions on my team are welcome as well. If you need some help in any of your threads feel free to leave a link in your reply!
HoneyNutIchiros11
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Candidates for Trades?? WHIR

Postby WhipperSnappers44 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:20 pm

Txs for the reply....

1st off I would see if there is anyone in your league with an extra SS since most people won't be carrying 2 SS's and so they won't trade if it leaves their SS position empty!

I personally would try trading Ichiro or Hosmer....I have no faith at all in Hosmer this year and had recently dropped him to the WW and nobody has yet to grab him but unlike most I seriously doubt he turns things around much this season. Ichiro you have sitting out on your bench and with Kemp coming back I seriously doubt your going to play him or even Rasmus unless you stick them in your Uti spot (hence dropping Hosmer)....

Not sure who to target since like I stated above most people probably are carrying only 1 SS. I was wondering what SS's might be on your WW as well but I doubt much and nothing to drop one of your guys for...

I would target a guy like I.Desmond personally since he is still yet to be a highly owned SS and is #1 SS im most leagues.....Jeter has fallen off a bit but his name alone would cost you a pretty penny. I would also try targeting maybe T.Plouffe since he has SS eligibility and you should be able to swing him for a Hosmer/Ichiro type player if the person that owns him needs a 1B/OF position. (I dropped Hosmer for Plouffe so....)

So the biggest thing is....is there anyone in your league that has 2 SS's or wouldn't mind having an empty SS position or could surf the WW for a SS since most won't even trade no matter what the deal is!

Good luck m8!

WhipperSnappers44!!! ;-D ;-D ;-D
WhipperSnappers44
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby oriolemagic33 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:26 pm

HoneyNutIchiros11 wrote:I'm currently in first place in my league and have been in the top three all season, I'm just thinking if I should be starting to shake up me roster a bit so I can make a nice push for first place this year. I know about the whole "if it ain't broke don't fix it" comes into mind here, but here's my roster...
It's an 8 team head to head Yahoo league, 13 categories (R,H,HR,RBI,SB,K(batting),E,XBH,IP,W,SV,K(pitching),ERA)
C-Joe Mauer(1B)
1B-Edwin Encarnation (3B)
2B-Jason Kipnis
3B-Brett Lawrie
SS-Empty
OF-Ryan Braun
OF-Matt Holliday
OF-Colby Rasmus
Utility-Eric Hosmer(1B)
Utility-David Wright(3B)
Bench-Ichiro Suzuki(OF)
Bench-Matt Kemp(OF)
DL-Dustin Pedroia(2B)
SP-Jered Weaver
SP-Steven Strasburg
SP-James Shields
SP-Adam Wainwright
RP-John Axford
RP-Heath Bell
Bench-Kyle Lohse(SP)
DL-Brandon Morrow

I just recently dropped Carlos Santana and picked up Rasmus.
I should also add that zero trades have been made across my entire league for the whole season so I'm hoping I can burst through the floodgates here...

Immediately you can see I need a SS, I'd rather get a higher end guy to keep my offense high rather than drop someone and pick up a player in FA. Also, I'm looking for more solid pitchers as well.

Who is a great SS that I could target for a trade?
And looking at my roster, who should I be looking to trade away or drop?

General thoughts or opinions on my team are welcome as well. If you need some help in any of your threads feel free to leave a link in your reply!

Real good team. My first thought would be see if you can deal Wright for Starlin and someone like Johan. Lawrie is an above average third baseman, and with Kemp coming back your offense won't miss a beat. You could also do a 1-for-1 deal and maybe try to swap Wright for Cain or Verlander. Definitely a lot of possibilities with Kemp's return looming. Definitely don't need to change much, but that's how I think you could bolster your squad. Thanks for helping on mine.
oriolemagic33
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby HoneyNutIchiros11 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:03 am

WhipperSnappers44 wrote:Txs for the reply....

1st off I would see if there is anyone in your league with an extra SS since most people won't be carrying 2 SS's and so they won't trade if it leaves their SS position empty!

I personally would try trading Ichiro or Hosmer....I have no faith at all in Hosmer this year and had recently dropped him to the WW and nobody has yet to grab him but unlike most I seriously doubt he turns things around much this season. Ichiro you have sitting out on your bench and with Kemp coming back I seriously doubt your going to play him or even Rasmus unless you stick them in your Uti spot (hence dropping Hosmer)....

Not sure who to target since like I stated above most people probably are carrying only 1 SS. I was wondering what SS's might be on your WW as well but I doubt much and nothing to drop one of your guys for...

I would target a guy like I.Desmond personally since he is still yet to be a highly owned SS and is #1 SS im most leagues.....Jeter has fallen off a bit but his name alone would cost you a pretty penny. I would also try targeting maybe T.Plouffe since he has SS eligibility and you should be able to swing him for a Hosmer/Ichiro type player if the person that owns him needs a 1B/OF position. (I dropped Hosmer for Plouffe so....)

So the biggest thing is....is there anyone in your league that has 2 SS's or wouldn't mind having an empty SS position or could surf the WW for a SS since most won't even trade no matter what the deal is!

Good luck m8!

Desmond is actually in my FA! And same for Plouffe too. And there is a manager with Asdrubal and Hanley, and another with Reyes and Aviles.

I'd much rather Asdrubal or Starlin, but I think Wright is a bit too much for them and I wouldn't want to have to drop a guy. If I offer Wright and Ichiro for Castro and another player, what kind of other player could I offer for?

I'm kind of hesitant to give up wright because I ended up getting him in the 12th round in my draft (I say it's the biggest steal of the draft by far), but I think if I could get Verlander for him I'd definitely do it.

In a deal for a SS, could I get something decent for Hosmer and Ichiro as a package? The manager with Verlander has Reyes and Aviles, so could I try Hosmer Ichiro and Wright for Verlander and Reyes? With the extra guy I could pick up Desmond as well and have him or Reyes and nice trade bait I'm thinking..
HoneyNutIchiros11
College Coach
College Coach

Postby oriolemagic33 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:29 am

Desmond is available?!? Problem solved, he's been a top 3 SS this year, if not THE top shortstop. That is unreal. Snag him and hang onto Wright and Co.
oriolemagic33
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby HoneyNutIchiros11 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:40 am

Who do I drop if I don't want to drop Hosmer though? He's been stepping up gradually and I want to see how he does in the first little while of his second half of the season.

Do I drop Ichiro? He seems like the only one left that wouldn't be entirely stupid to drop now...

Also, what do you think of that trade from my last post? The wright Ichiro Hosmer for Verlander Reyes? Just trying to get a bit of a baseline that I can tinker with in the next little while
HoneyNutIchiros11
College Coach
College Coach

Postby HoneyNutIchiros11 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:50 am

I just checked out the numbers between Desmond and Ichiro and I couldn't help but drop Ichiro and pick up Desmond, significant improvement to the teams home runs RBI and XBH, plus it's an extra great bat in my lineup lol

Some insight to that trade will still be very helpful though if you wouldn't mind
HoneyNutIchiros11
College Coach
College Coach

Postby paperstacks1980 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:48 pm

HoneyNutIchiros11 wrote:
WhipperSnappers44 wrote:Txs for the reply....

Good luck m8!

Desmond is actually in my FA! And same for Plouffe too. And there is a manager with Asdrubal and Hanley, and another with Reyes and Aviles.

I'd much rather Asdrubal or Starlin, but I think Wright is a bit too much for them and I wouldn't want to have to drop a guy. If I offer Wright and Ichiro for Castro and another player, what kind of other player could I offer for?

I'm kind of hesitant to give up wright because I ended up getting him in the 12th round in my draft (I say it's the biggest steal of the draft by far), but I think if I could get Verlander for him I'd definitely do it.

In a deal for a SS, could I get something decent for Hosmer and Ichiro as a package? The manager with Verlander has Reyes and Aviles, so could I try Hosmer Ichiro and Wright for Verlander and Reyes? With the extra guy I could pick up Desmond as well and have him or Reyes and nice trade bait I'm thinking..

Right-o
paperstacks1980
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team