Furcal or Betancourt? Also, Pierzynski, Molina, & Grandal - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Furcal or Betancourt? Also, Pierzynski, Molina, & Grandal

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Furcal or Betancourt? Also, Pierzynski, Molina, & Grandal

Postby shankm » Fri Jul 06, 2012 12:57 pm

I've gotten a lot of value out of Furcal this season so far, but I think it might be time to move on. Though Furcal has 206 total points (2.6 avg.) this season to Betancourt's 110 (2.7 avg.), Furcal has only had 41 points (1.6 avg.) in the last month to Betancourt's 75 (3.3 avg.). Also, Betancourt qualifies for both SS and 2B, which I see as a sizable plus. Any opinions?

Also, as a side, I have a bit of a conundrum at catcher. I have A.J. Pierzynski and Yadier Molina, but I also just picked up a young and promising Yasmani Grandal. I can only start 1 catcher, so I feel like I have to do something with somebody. I'm trying to wait the situation out to see if it will be obvious who to try and trade, but I was hoping someone might be able to provide assistance.

Thanks
shankm Beginner
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Furcal or Betancourt? Also, Pierzynski, Molina, & Granda

Postby Element » Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:54 pm

Furcal has hits in 4 of his last 5 games. Maybe it's the start of something. I would stick it out with him. A healthy Furcal is generally a solid fantasy player over 6 months.

I don't think that any of your catchers keep pace. Yadi is the safest bet. I would put all three on the block and see if any offers come in.
Element
General Manager
General Manager

Response TeamCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 762)

Postby MaudDib » Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:03 pm

Stick with Furcal. Betancourt is notorious for getting red hot and then going absolutely cold. Furcal is a better season long option.

You have to do something with all those catchers. Either make a trade or drop Grandal but there is no good reason to have 3 catchers if you only start 1. Odds are Grandal isn't much better than some of the options on the WW.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 380)

Postby shankm » Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:42 am

Element wrote:Furcal has hits in 4 of his last 5 games. Maybe it's the start of something. I would stick it out with him. A healthy Furcal is generally a solid fantasy player over 6 months.

I don't think that any of your catchers keep pace. Yadi is the safest bet. I would put all three on the block and see if any offers come in.

What do you mean by "I don't think any of your catchers keep pace?" Of the top point-getters at catcher, Molina is 2nd and Pierzynski is 4th. I need to somehow get better pitching, but I don't know what kind of packages will net me one. I managed to pick up Aramis Ramirez off the wire, and I'm thinking I could package him with maybe Molina to get a pitcher? What do you think?
shankm Beginner
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions