Fading in the standings...open to suggestions - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Fading in the standings...open to suggestions

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Fading in the standings...open to suggestions

Postby oriolemagic33 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:32 pm

jfg wrote:Another reason I say that about the Votto trade, is that I think Ike Davis is going to have a nice second half. I don't think CJ Wilson is enough of an upgrade to make that move. With two stud OF's as trade bait you can vastly improve your 2nd baseman and get Happ out of your lineup.

Yeah I didn't really like that one either. Cano owner says Cano is basically untouchable.

I was also offered Jason Heyward, Matt Cain, and Matt Wieters for CarGo, Colby Lewis, and Lester. Thoughts?
oriolemagic33
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jfg » Fri Jul 06, 2012 11:46 pm

I like that trade if Lester is replaced in the deal by one of your catchers or lesser pitchers like Gavin Floyd.
jfg
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicGolden Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 86)

Postby oriolemagic33 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:39 am

Glad I made that trade yesterday! Stanton out for what could be the rest of the fantasy season.
oriolemagic33
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby TruYankeeFan » Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:53 am

Hard to give up CarGo...but Cain is way better than either pitcher you give up...and the upgrade at catcher is huge as well.

Certainly does help you quite a bit.

Could you take a look at my team and let me know what you think?
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=450144
trade help needed

viewtopic.php?t=470923
TruYankeeFan
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 53)

Postby paperstacks1980 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:08 pm

jfg wrote:In a 12 teamer, getting top 4 with that lineup might be difficult but not impossible. The guys who were bound to regress already have and you are loaded with a bunch of good not great players with a weakness at 2nd and starting pitching. I see a few options:

1. In a 12 team H2H, closers probably aren't at a premium but you could try trading off your closers for starters or offense and punting saves.

2. I think this would be the option I'd take with your team considering it's not a keeper league. Trade Carlos Gonzalez for Cano and a starter that's better than Happ. Carlos Gonzalez's steals are doing nothing for you, I'd bet that you lose that category ever week. Problem is, he still helps you in the other 4 cats. But, I'd move him for a guy who could really upgrade you somewhere else especially since Kemp will be back and Cano is that guy. He fits the makeup of your team perfectly.

3. Bet on Chris Sale getting shut down and try to get a top 5 2nd baseman and a 3rd tier ace for him. Even if you make the playoffs, if you have Sale, you probably aren't going to win anything if he does get shut down. I just don't think he will, so this would be my last option.

4. Get rid of Dee Gordon. You have no use for his steals. When looking at free agents, go over to baseballmonster.com and uncheck stolen bases for your league settings because you should be completely ignoring them at this point.

I agree with you 100%
paperstacks1980
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team